NB: Use Chess Books Flag? Y/N

NB: Use Chess Books Flag? Y/N

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p
Ascending

Johannesburg

Moves
03 Jan 03

Apparently it is legal to use chess books, and chess databases during RHP correspondence chess.

Personally, I prefer playing a human, than that human's abilioty to read a Grandmaster's response to my opening!

I suggest a flag be added to each profile, in which the person can indicate if they use chess books / databases as a reference DURING the game or not.

Some of us prefer to avoid such players.... and keep it natural....

This would ne useful for open invites too...

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
07 Jan 03

Under consideration.

-Russ

T

Moves
07 Jan 03

It would have to be tailored per game, rather than an overall profile setting. I play many games where I don't consult books or a database, and blitz through the moves (and lose), but for about 8 or so, in games where I'm really trying my hardest (games against 1600+ peeps), I'll use them as much as I possibly can (and still, erm, lose).

Mark

Lightly Salted...

Moves
07 Jan 03

I think that is a great idea!! I also agree with T1000 in that it should be something that could be set per game as well. It could also be a setting in 'Your Settings' and tournaments could be created for only people who have it set on 'N'. I hate playing a low rated player who somehow manages to play at a FRITZ 6.0 strength. 😉

I'm glad to see that it is under consideration.

p
Ascending

Johannesburg

Moves
08 Jan 03

Thanx for your support on this useful idea :-)
I like the idea of exapanding the concept towards:
- open invite per game flag
- tournaments
- general settings 🙂

A

Bulgaria

Moves
09 Jan 03

whatever you do about this - some people shall simply not say the truth 🙁

Lightly Salted...

Moves
10 Jan 03

Originally posted by Atanas
whatever you do about this - some people shall simply not say the truth 🙁
That may be, but at least their conscience will hopefully bother them!😠

TEA PARTY MEMBER

St Maarten, Neth Ant

Moves
10 Jan 03

What about adding that just as a comment for a new game, for example, an open invite, I will use referense material!
This could be as a selection on "Open Invite" screen!

Harri
a.k.a. Luck