my fridge is making funny noises .....

my fridge is making funny noises .....

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
09 Apr 05

i know, you might say this is not a site problem ... but i am at present playing on rhp and this affects my concentration 😉

my fridge sometimes makes a fairly loud buzzing sound ... it is an old fridge, one of those heavy ancient things that probly should be put to rest.

is there anything i should check/do?

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
09 Apr 05

Unplug.

s

Moves
09 Apr 05

go to task manager and end your fridge.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
09 Apr 05

Originally posted by schakuhr
go to task manager and end your fridge.

😀

S

Internet

Moves
09 Apr 05

I know this sounds weird, but use a spirit level and make sure it's not tilted. My old fridge made buzzing noises all the time until it was levelled.

KS

Moves
10 Apr 05

Does the light go out when you shut the door? It may be afraid of the dark!😀

A
Lazy Sod

Everywhere

Moves
12 Apr 05

It needs more beer...

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
15 Apr 05

Originally posted by flexmore
i know, you might say this is not a site problem ... but i am at present playing on rhp and this affects my concentration 😉

my fridge sometimes makes a fairly loud buzzing sound ... it is an old fridge, one of those heavy ancient things that probly should be put to rest.

is there anything i should check/do?
It's normal for older models to make noise when the cooling mode comes on. However, if this noise is louder than what you are used to, the bearings are probably bad on the fan. You really need a repairman to check the frigerator and determine what part needs replacement.