move notification

move notification

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The Turtle Hermit

Turtle Island

Moves
03 Dec 03

How hard would it be to add to the email notification the opponent's move in algebraic notation as well as in FEN? Speaking for myself, I would find this much more useful. As it stands, to discover my opponent's move, I have to either copy & paste to a document to read the fen, or I have to check all my games for the actual moves. Since I'm on a dialup modem, I can't study the positions on line for very long.

just another webgeek

Moves
03 Dec 03

OK, newbie question I've been meaning to ask, hope it doesn't sidetrack the original post. Been reading the e-mails, have seen the FEN's. Can anyone explain to me what the FEN is and how to read it?

Thanks.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
03 Dec 03

Originally posted by stammer
OK, newbie question I've been meaning to ask, hope it doesn't sidetrack the original post. Been reading the e-mails, have seen the FEN's. Can anyone explain to me what the FEN is and how to read it?

Thanks.
well strammer, this a bit off-topic, but... read this thread:
http://www.timeforchess.com/board/showthread.php?id=7185
th

ps: I support the idea in the initial posting and repeat that there is some work to do with the pgn-export... *never ending critics* 😴