Move list.

Move list.

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V
Thinking...

Odersfelt

Moves
08 Feb 03
1 edit

Just a quick Q: Is there any way of exporting the move list of a game in either a text or other format (algebraic notation)?
It might be good if all the moves appear on the page after they are made.

j

Moves
08 Feb 03
1 edit

Good idea. It would be nice to have a copy and pastable list of moves on the website somewhere. Getting them via email is a little cumbersome.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
09 Feb 03

🙂 yes right, mailing the games is good, but an online availible fen-text would be great.

I think the part of this site which is not so good is the history part: when you play chess in the net (or in general on your PC) it is easy to replay games, to analyse them... and the support for this is here at RHP not very very good. (I already mentioned some ideas to improve)

RHP Member No.16

Moves
09 Feb 03

I believe you can email yourself a copy of any of your games, and when you look at the message, it will be in the form of a .txt file.

You can copy this from the e-mail and save it as either a .txt file, or rename it to a .pgn file.

I haven't done this for a while, but I'm sure that's how it used to work. You could get several of your games at one time, as well.

regards, Marc

j

Moves
09 Feb 03

Originally posted by mwmiller
I believe you can email yourself a copy of any of your games, and when you look at the message, it will be in the form of a .txt file.

You can copy this from the e-mail and save it as either a .txt file, or rename it to a .pgn file.

I haven't done this for a while, but I'm sure that's how it used to work. You could get several of your games at one time, as well.

regards, Marc
That's correct-- but it would be nice if the move list were available somewhere on the RHP web page. And it would be especially nice if that move list were available for the games of others, as well as your own.

V
Thinking...

Odersfelt

Moves
09 Feb 03

Thanks for that info. I didn't know you could e-mail the games. Now I just have to figure out Winboard and I've got myself a database 🙂