minimum moves

Standard memberRedmike
Help 08 Nov '04 12:53
  1. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    08 Nov '04 12:53
    Is there a minimum number of moves before a game is counted towards ratings?
    I ask because a player has just resigned both games in the 2nd round of a tournament, without playing a move (though he gave an explanation), and my rating didn't budge.
    I'm not seeking the credit for the games, just curious.
  2. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    08 Nov '04 13:10
    Originally posted by Redmike
    Is there a minimum number of moves before a game is counted towards ratings?
    I ask because a player has just resigned both games in the 2nd round of a tournament, without playing a move (though he gave an explanation), and my rating didn't budge.
    I'm not seeking the credit for the games, just curious.
    Yes, there has to be 2 moves made by each side (or 4 half-moves) before the game counts for rating. Which is why either player can delete it within the first 2 moves.
  3. Joined
    17 Feb '03
    Moves
    08 Nov '04 17:161 edit
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    Yes, there has to be 2 moves made by each side (or 4 half-moves) before the game counts for rating. Which is why either player can delete it within the first 2 moves.
    Never knew that. i knew about the first move but not until the second.
  4. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 05:151 edit
    Originally posted by Feivel
    Never knew that. i knew about the first move but not until the second.
    Nor me. Interesting. ReelEmInReid baled out of the 2nd round of a tourney some time back and I wondered why he lost no points. All explained.

skeeter
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 11:19
    Originally posted by David Tebb
    I don't think that's right. Sure it is for challenges, but not for tournie games. You can't delete tournie games.

I've just checked out this player: behemtoh cos I knew he resigned all his games in a tournie within 1 or 1.5 moves and he lost points for all the games he resigned in the tournie.

Challenge games are different, and are as u stated David.

D
  6. Standard memberthire
    Xebite
    in front of you
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 11:571 edit
    the minimum-moves thing is very old.
    I just found this thread (I know it's not good to refer to very old discussions, but look at the threadid!)
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=14
    th

PS: The turnament thing is right - you can't delete them, as you can't delete Clangames.
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    10 Nov '04 17:23
    Originally posted by thire
    the minimum-moves thing is very old.
    I just found this thread (I know it's not good to refer to very old discussions, but look at the threadid!)
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=14
    th

PS: The turnament thing is right - you can't delete them, as you can't delete Clangames.
    Right, I've just gone through my Archives based on what Chrismo said in the other thread.

Definitely In clan games (dunno about tournies, but would assume the same applies), both opponents have to have made at least 1 half move for the game to be rated. If both players have made 1 half move each, then the game is rated. The game still counts as a win for the clan obviously. Chris refers to 2 moves, but I think he should have said 2 half moves.

I figured this out cos I had a couple games against a fella. In one he made 1 move, and I made my move. In the other I made my move, and he never replied. In the first instance the game is on my ratings graph and our ratings changed, in the second, the game isn't on the ratings graph.

I couldn't figure out for the life of me why I had 2 unrated games, when I had only played 1 unrated game so far. This explains that mystery.

D

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree