Leaders need more help

Leaders need more help

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
15 Sep 08
1 edit

I recently started as leader for the Ireland Clan and with a struggle and emails to predecessor worked out how to do the main tasks, but it was by no means obvious.

I also inherited the Ireland Club and despite checking through forum discussions via Google(!) I have no idea what to do with the thing. e.g. I see that tournaments are possible but have no idea how to start one off. So this Club does nothing at all that I can see.

I do not mind putting in some time to make the Clan and Club work - after all how else would these features function and volunteer leaders give a lot of benefits all round. But why can't the site be more helpful? Maybe a separate Help section for us, maybe a better designed clan or club Home Page with more clues laid out to help us.

Is this just me? I am not that "literate" and also have a life (you know - off the site).

F

Moves
15 Sep 08

Originally posted by finnegan
I recently started as leader for the Ireland Clan and with a struggle and emails to predecessor worked out how to do the main tasks, but it was by no means obvious.

I also inherited the Ireland Club and despite checking through forum discussions via Google(!) I have no idea what to do with the thing. e.g. I see that tournaments are possible but have no ...[text shortened]...

Is this just me? I am not that "literate" and also have a life (you know - off the site).
I agree. Things are not obvious and self-instructive.

I would like a well-written FAQ for Clan-leaders and Club-leaders.

I managed to manage "The Swedish Clan" clan, my successor managed to manage "The Swedish Club" club, but not without help from the predecessors. (Thanks, everyone helping me!)

A FAQ would be of a great help.

R

Moves
16 Sep 08

Hmmm I never had any problems.

But, I'm always around if you want to ask me for questions or help. Just PM me 🙂

GF
soccer player

USA

Moves
16 Sep 08

me too

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
16 Sep 08

Originally posted by RDM
Hmmm I never had any problems.

But, I'm always around if you want to ask me for questions or help. Just PM me 🙂
Thanks to you and Green Frog. while i wait for the site to devise a helpful FAQ and separately designed home screen for leaders (club or clan) I would certainly appreciate advice on these things:

1. How to set up a CLUB tournament (other than just challenging each other: I suppose I could arrange that and even use a Swiss system instead of random)

2. Explain how CLUB members start to see club ratings - is that based on games between club members and, if so, do they have to be separately arranged or just turn up when both are in the same tournament eg?

R

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by finnegan
Thanks to you and Green Frog. while i wait for the site to devise a helpful FAQ and separately designed home screen for leaders (club or clan) I would certainly appreciate advice on these things:

1. How to set up a CLUB tournament (other than just challenging each other: I suppose I could arrange that and even use a Swiss system instead of random)

...[text shortened]... do they have to be separately arranged or just turn up when both are in the same tournament eg?
Hmmm - Clubs I'm not too clued on on because they basically don't interest me too much.

Speak to Dragon Fire - he own the OTB club and he is definitely on the ball with regards to Clubs.

I can help out on Clans though 🙂

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
17 Sep 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
I agree. Things are not obvious and self-instructive.

I would like a well-written FAQ for Clan-leaders and Club-leaders.

I managed to manage "The Swedish Clan" clan, my successor managed to manage "The Swedish Club" club, but not without help from the predecessors. (Thanks, everyone helping me!)

A FAQ would be of a great help.
Users are more than welcome to update the FAQ.

In fact, most of the recent FAQ updates were due to a non-subscriber contributing with his time instead of his money. Unfortunately, I can't remember his name right now, but the thread is in this forum somewhere.

If you feel you've master Clan/Club leading, then please, put together a little FAQ for us.

D

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
06 Oct 08

Is this a new feature or has nobody known the answer?

On the Club section, selecting Tournaments, I just found the feature called Create Tournament which allows me to set up a tournament for any number of players and to set time parameters. So I did.

Yes even I could do it!