King Left Is It 50 Moves?

King Left Is It 50 Moves?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j
I Never Lie!

Dunno

Moves
07 Aug 04

When you have just your king left is it 50 moves then stale mate I know it is in real life but i dunno about on the internet if it was it would take a heck of a long time

N
Cannabist

's-Gravenhage

Moves
07 Aug 04

Its all in the help files:

How do I claim a draw?

A draw can be claimed without any interaction from your opponent under a number of conditions. These are as follows:

No piece capture or pawn movement has occurred for over 50 consecutive moves (100 half moves). Therefore the game has not progressed and a draw may be claimed by either player during their next move.

Insufficient material remains on the board to finish the game. If only two kings remain then either player may claim a draw during their next move.

Third repetition of a position. If any identical position appears three times during a game, then the game can be claimed as a draw. Please note that each repetition must be identical with regards to en passant and castling availability. A draw can only be claimed along with a move that contributes to a repetition. Claiming after the repetition has occurred is not possible, unless the same position can be repeated again on a future move.

j
I Never Lie!

Dunno

Moves
07 Aug 04

Originally posted by NicolaiS
Its all in the help files:

[b]How do I claim a draw?

A draw can be claimed without any interaction from your opponent under a number of conditions. These are as follows:

No piece capture or pawn movement has occurred for over 50 consecutive moves (100 half moves). Therefore the game has not progressed and a draw may be claimed by e ...[text shortened]... n has occurred is not possible, unless the same position can be repeated again on a future move.[/b]
I dont get it

u
semper fi

Moves
07 Aug 04

it means if no one moves a pawn or no one captures a piece within 50 moves, then you can claim a draw. yes it does take a long time online.

F

Moves
07 Aug 04

Originally posted by jameswoodley
I dont get it
If you are talking about game Game 599299, then you can only offer you opponent a draw (which he never would have accepted) or resign by yourself.

The only think to force a draw in that game, would have been if you can force you opponent to make 3 times te same move.

j
I Never Lie!

Dunno

Moves
08 Aug 04

Originally posted by Fylgja
If you are talking about game Game 599299, then you can only offer you opponent a draw (which he never would have accepted) or resign by yourself.

The only think to force a draw in that game, would have been if you can force you opponent to make 3 times te same move.
i lost that game

j
I Never Lie!

Dunno

Moves
08 Aug 04

Originally posted by usmc7257
it means if no one moves a pawn or no one captures a piece within 50 moves, then you can claim a draw. yes it does take a long time online.
Now I understand

t
Retired knight

Chess Castle

Moves
08 Aug 04

i lost that game
ouch im winning one game against Pulsatilla and the other one is drawish

j
I Never Lie!

Dunno

Moves
08 Aug 04

Originally posted by tlai1992
I beat him in one game then lost against him in another game

e
Robbo

a Brave new world

Moves
08 Aug 04

I beat him in one game then lost against him in another game
Him, happens to be a her 🙂

P

Moves
08 Aug 04

Thanks 🙂 yes I did win that game eventually 😉 though a long way off 50 move draw rule 🙂

t
Retired knight

Chess Castle

Moves
08 Aug 04

drew one im definitely gonna win the other one

j
I Never Lie!

Dunno

Moves
08 Aug 04

Originally posted by Pulsatilla
Thanks 🙂 yes I did win that game eventually 😉 though a long way off 50 move draw rule 🙂
O sorry i didnt know that were a girl. Good game

t
Retired knight

Chess Castle

Moves
08 Aug 04

O sorry i didnt know that were a girl. Good game
would it matter if Pulsatilla was a boy or a girl?

e
Robbo

a Brave new world

Moves
08 Aug 04

would it matter if Pulsatilla was a boy or a girl?
It does if you call her a him.