Interactive PGN from nonstandard start

Interactive PGN from nonstandard start

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Boston, MA

Moves
03 Aug 09

Is there any way to post an interactive PGN board that doesn't start at the beginning of a game? I've tried it with the FEN of the position in the proper place, but when I try to post it, it says "Invalid PGN, check FEN." I've checked the FEN, and there are no errors when I post it as just a board position, so the FEN is correct...

Is this feature available or am I doing something wrong?

Should I have posted this in the Site Ideas forum?

K

Moves
03 Aug 09

Originally posted by Kaaosaste
Is there any way to post an interactive PGN board that doesn't start at the beginning of a game? I've tried it with the FEN of the position in the proper place, but when I try to post it, it says "Invalid PGN, check FEN." I've checked the FEN, and there are no errors when I post it as just a board position, so the FEN is correct...

Is this feature available or am I doing something wrong?

Should I have posted this in the Site Ideas forum?
Currently this feature only works when it's white's turn to move. So if your FEN states it's black's move it will not work. If this isn't the problem then try posting it here and I'm sure someone will be to tell you what's wrong.

K

Boston, MA

Moves
03 Aug 09

Here's a test:

First, with white to move:

Now with black to move

K

Boston, MA

Moves
03 Aug 09

Hmmmm, seems like that is the case.

Thank you KneeCaps, for your help.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Aug 09

Originally posted by Kaaosaste
Hmmmm, seems like that is the case.

Thank you KneeCaps, for your help.
Yes, sorry, known issue. A fix will appear soon(ish).