Increase the number of challenge filter parameters

Increase the number of challenge filter parameters

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
10 Feb 04
1 edit

Would it not be useful to allow players to specifiy challange filters for:
minimum Move Frequency
range of days/move
range of timebank period
range of non-provisional rankings
rated games only (Y/N)
friendly games only (Y/N)
Clan games only (Y/N)
accept games from provisional players (Y/N)
accept games from Subscribers only (Y/N)

Now: I'm not in favour of all of these. Some are frankly mad. But just for discussions sake, I've included some ringers. Guess them if you like!

Edit: the post time was 13:20 or so. Local time (and GMT) is 12:20. What time is RHP on anyway?

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
10 Feb 04
1 edit

i want to only accept challenges from players with the letter "x" in their name.

p.s. if you look closely at the clock while playing on rhp you will notice the hours pass very fast. 1 hour lasts only a few minutes. days, weeks and even months can fly past.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
10 Feb 04

good ides!
what are friendly games?
and it'd be great to look for players who start (not) with 1. e4 ...
and it's interesting to see (IN THE PROFILE???) the ratio # waiting games / # current games
th

T

Moves
10 Feb 04
1 edit

indeed: that's a good one I forgot about thire
maximum number of games currently being played.

you don't want to get caught up in one of these "I'll play 200 games at once" follies, that end up with hundereds of timeouts once it inevitably ends in tears.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
11 Feb 04

Originally posted by Toe
indeed: that's a good one I forgot about thire
maximum number of games currently being played.

you don't want to get caught up in one of these "I'll play 200 games at once" follies, that end up with hundereds of timeouts once it inevitably ends in tears.
it is not inevitable to be timed out when playing lots of games - i have only been timed out once and it was my first ever game, but the tears may be inevitable :-)

F
Artist in Drawing

in your fridge

Moves
11 Feb 04

Originally posted by flexmore
it is not inevitable to be timed out when playing lots of games - i have only been timed out once and it was my first ever game, but the tears may be inevitable :-)
Do you remember this:

p.s. if you look closely at the clock while playing on rhp you will notice the hours pass very fast. 1 hour lasts only a few minutes. days, weeks and even months can fly past.