Help 26 Apr '23 10:26
  1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    26 Apr '23 10:26
    Just noticed something weird on one of my games -
    Game Id 15261049.
    It has no indication of my opponents last move and I can’t backspace in the Analyse setting?
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    27 Apr '23 14:26
    @woodgirl said
    Just noticed something weird on one of my games -
    Game Id 15261049.
    It has no indication of my opponents last move and I can’t backspace in the Analyse setting?
    It's an opening tournament, which means that all games are played from a specific point in a specific opening. There is no previous move from your opponent, nor a previous position to backspace to - the starting position was set by the organiser, and you move from there.
    You should have another game against the same opponent, starting from the same position, with colours reversed.

(In fact, that tournament is slightly misnamed. The starting position is not just the Swiss gambit in the Bird, but specifically the Wagner gambit. You'll be happy to know that the Wagner in question was Alexander Wagner, and he was Polish.)
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    27 Apr '23 23:39
    @shallow-blue said
    It's an opening tournament, which means that all games are played from a specific point in a specific opening. There is no previous move from your opponent, nor a previous position to backspace to - the starting position was set by the organiser, and you move from there.
    You should have another game against the same opponent, starting from the same position, with colour ...[text shortened]... ambit. You'll be happy to know that the Wagner in question was Alexander Wagner, and he was Polish.)
    So that’s what happened. Thank you. I have had similar tournament game openings before. Seems I got confused because I’ve played that opponent in a recent tournament so must have thought we were still on the same game. I need to cut down on my tournament games I think.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree