Game Acceptance In Email

Game Acceptance In Email

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
31 Aug 14

When I start a new game, I always get a notice stating game accepted by so and so in my email box. Is there any way I can eliminate this notification?

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
31 Aug 14

Originally posted by Bobla45
When I start a new game, I always get a notice stating game accepted by so and so in my email box. Is there any way I can eliminate this notification?
My settings
My email settings
Alerts -untick the boxes

Moves
31 Aug 14

Originally posted by venda
My settings
My email settings
Alerts -untick the boxes
Thanks for your response Venda. Those two boxes are unticked however, and they concern move notifications, not game acceptance. Theres got to be something else, at least I hope there is! Rgds Bob

RHP Member No.16

Moves
31 Aug 14

Originally posted by Bobla45
Thanks for your response Venda. Those two boxes are unticked however, and they concern move notifications, not game acceptance. Theres got to be something else, at least I hope there is! Rgds Bob
I think this has been brought up before and there is no option to turn that particular email notification off.

I seem to remember someone said you can put in a phony email on the email settings page to stop them but I don't know if that is acceptable or not, or if it even works. Plus doing that could mess you up if you download pgn files or anything else from this site.

Moves
31 Aug 14

Originally posted by mwmiller
I think this has been brought up before and there is no option to turn that particular email notification off.

I seem to remember someone said you can put in a phony email on the email settings page to stop them but I don't know if that is acceptable or not, or if it even works. Plus doing that could mess you up if you download pgn files or anything else from this site.
Okay thank you, maybe one day Russ can offer that option.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
01 Sep 14

These can't be turned off, a legacy decision that needs to be sorted out.

The entire notification system needs to be overhauled, as email use has declined and people may prefer notifications using another medium.