Forum Mod Idea

Forum Mod Idea

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Love gave me wings

Turfed Out

Moves
19 Mar 05

Seeing the General Forum again filled with foul mouthed rubbish from a non subscriber, why not change the forum mods' guidelines.

All posts by subscribers to be treated exactly as they are now:
eg. . only looked at by mods after alerts are raised.

All posts by non-subscribers to be looked at by mods BEFORE they appear in the forums. This gives those unwilling/unable to financially support the community the right to be heard, albeit on a slightly delayed basis.

If this needs more mods I for one will volunteer.

The RudeĀ©

who knows?

Moves
19 Mar 05
1 edit

Originally posted by SirUlrich
Seeing the General Forum again filled with foul mouthed rubbish from a non subscriber, why not change the forum mods' guidelines.

eg. . only looked at by mods after ale ...[text shortened]... elayed basis.

My solution is always the same: DON'T ALLOW NON-SUBSCRIBERS TO POST IN FORUMS!

A subscriber fears the temporarly forum-ban or the subscription/account deletion;non subscribers simply don't care.

t

Lost at Sea

Moves
19 Mar 05

Originally posted by SirUlrich

eg. . only looked at by mods after alerts are raised.

All posts by non-subscribers to be looked at by mods BEFORE they appear in the forums. This gives tho ...[text shortened]... heard, albeit on a slightly delayed basis.

I feel this is a very harsh approach as most non subscribers do not spam. Also i feel u r neglecting to take in to account tht some people may struggle to afford the fee. For example im a university student, and have limited funds as it is. But i enjoy playing chess. Once i leave uni i will definately subscribe when i have a job and am able to afford the subscription. But i still feel we have a right to our say.

M

Moves
04 Apr 05

Yes its harsh, but may be necessary, I recently have resigned from another forum because of people (registered, but only recently) abusing another member.

I would also voulenteer as some kind of moderator to avoid this (obviously not a moderator with full powers as I am only recently registered, but to look through the forums and report posts to moderators that I feel are inappropriate)

T

Moves
04 Apr 05

Originally posted by MRoberts
Yes its harsh, but may be necessary, I recently have resigned from another forum because of people (registered, but only recently) abusing another member.

I would also voulenteer as some kind of moderator to avoid this (obviously not a moderator with full powers as I am only recently registered, but to look through the forums and report posts to moderators that I feel are inappropriate)
Anyone can do this (I think?) using the "alert moderator" button under each post. Is this button not there for non-subscribers?

RHP Member No.16

Moves
04 Apr 05

Originally posted by MRoberts

<snip>

I would also voulenteer as some kind of moderator to avoid this (obviously not a moderator with full powers as I am only recently registered, but to look through the forums and report posts to moderators that I feel are inappropriate)[/b]
You already have that option. That's what the 'alert moderator' link is for at the bottom of each post. Click on the link and the post will be brought to the attention of the moderators. Very simple.

h
Dann sind wir Helden

Moves
04 Apr 05

Anyone know who the Moderaters are?

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
04 Apr 05
1 edit

Site Map (at the bottom of this page) --> (Under Community) Volunteers --> 'Forum Mod. Team'.

M

Moves
01 Nov 05

Sorry to drag up this old thread, but it looks like another situation is popping up with non-subscribers posting inappropriate comments in threads.

With reference to my previous post in this thread, the "junior moderator" idea means that a person would have more powers than a "grassroots" member but not have the powers of a full moderator.

They would, perhaps, be able to temporarily ban someone from the forums, while a senior moderator looked over the post, and decided on a more stable ban or to reinstate the member.

They would also be able to delete single posts, but not whole threads.

DS

Moves
02 Nov 05
1 edit

Rubbish idea.
There's already too much discrimination against the poor non subs. I think there should be at least one non-sub mod and I for one would be willing to volunteer some of my time towards this.

btw, I don't see any alert button.

M

Moves
02 Nov 05

I agree that there should be a non-sub moderator too. They also deserve protection from abuse, and at the end of the day, they should be protected in case anything on the forum stops them from deciding to subscribe.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
02 Nov 05

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Rubbish idea.
There's already too much discrimination against the poor non subs. I think there should be at least one non-sub mod and I for one would be willing to volunteer some of my time towards this.

This is a bad idea. Non-subs have no vested interest in RHP. If you aren't willing to pony up $30 then why should those in charge be willing to give you a postion of responsibility?

As for a junior mod I think this idea could indeed help with response times. However if more members would actually use their alert buttons on offensive posts then it wouldn't be required at all.

Force of Nature

The Bathroom

Moves
02 Nov 05
1 edit

Rubbish idea.

Non-subs don't have the 'Alert Moderator' button. Subscribe, and you'll have that privilege.

DS

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by Wildfire
Non-subs don't have the 'Alert Moderator' button. Subscribe, and you'll have that privilege.
Subscribing is a "help support the site" idea.
Not, as I understand it, a "profit/money grabbing" idea.

So stop whining about non-subs, many of whom are for financial reasons unable to subscribe.
Do you also whine at starving africans for not eating healthily?
Exactly why a non-sub mod is needed.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
03 Nov 05

So stop whining about non-subs, many of whom are for financial reasons unable to subscribe.
Was your mother being ironic when she named you Rich?

D