Flip Board

Flip Board

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Wellington, NZ

Moves
27 Jul 04

I would find it incredibly useful to have a flip board feature when analysing. Quite often when I view a situation from my opponents point of view I can quickly see his plan, as well as the holes that are in my plan!

h

Dublin , Ireland.

Moves
31 Jul 04

Originally posted by DreamlaX
I would find it incredibly useful to have a flip board feature when analysing. Quite often when I view a situation from my opponents point of view I can quickly see his plan, as well as the holes that are in my plan!
Seconded !

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
03 Aug 04

One thing you can do is go into the persons profile and look at their current challenges. Just search for your name and there you go 😉

D

Wellington, NZ

Moves
03 Aug 04

The flip board feature is already available when you go to print the board, but it would be much handier if it was also a feature of the analytical board as well.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
03 Aug 04

a very "basic" and old wish. Not too important, but it guess it will come one day. I hope so 😉
th

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
04 Aug 04

Originally posted by thire
a very "basic" and old wish. Not too important, but it guess it will come one day. I hope so 😉
th
Yes, it offers much in that a change of "perspective" refreshes ones thinking.
Fischer was renowned for leaving the board and wandering round to the side and rear of the table to study the position, much to the chargrin of his opponent and officials. All legal though, but only on your clock.

skeeter

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
04 Aug 04

Originally posted by skeeter
... All legal though, but only on your clock...
What?!? 🙄 I am not allowed to leave my seat (aand walk around) when it's my opponetnt's turn?
th

T

Moves
04 Aug 04

What?!? 🙄 I am not allowed to leave my seat (aand walk around) when it's my opponetnt's turn?
th
I thought in OTB, is was perfectly legal to wander around on your opponent's time, even to look from behind them.

(I certainly hope not, I did it at the World Open a few weeks ago 🙂)

-Tim

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
07 Aug 04

th
Nope. If anyone turns their monitor upside-down off-clock then the "flash gonna get ya" and we all know what that means 😵

skeeter