Firefox login issue?

Firefox login issue?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Headless chicken

Avoiding studying

Moves
17 Nov 04

Hi,

Sometimes when I open RHP in Firefox it doesn't remember that I'm logged in and asks me to do so. If this is the case, after I login successfully and then click "My Games" then again it says I'm not logged in and I have to login once more.

If it says I'm not logged in on the first screen, it always requires me to login again when I go to My Games. For the record, I don't use the logout button when finishing my sessions, so this shouldn't be an issue.

Any ideas???

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
17 Nov 04

Beeing logged in is saved in cookies. Did you delete any of them? Do you allow them allways? Does any third party software delete them (firewall, ...)? ...
th

f
Headless chicken

Avoiding studying

Moves
17 Nov 04
2 edits

Originally posted by thire
Beeing logged in is saved in cookies. Did you delete any of them? Do you allow them allways? Does any third party software delete them (firewall, ...)? ...
th
Thanks for your input, but I haven't deleted any cookies. They are enabled, and I can confirm that several exist for RHP. No third party software deletes them (the only firewall I use is a hardware one in a router).

The strangest thing is that even in the same browser session, once I login and click "My Games" I then have to login again straight away!?!?!?!?

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
17 Nov 04

Originally posted by fawcr01
Thanks for your input, but I haven't deleted any cookies. They are enabled, and I can confirm that several exist for RHP. No third party software deletes them (the only firewall I use is a hardware one in a router).

The strangest thing is that even in the same browser session, once I login and click "My Games" I then have to login again straight away!?!?!?!?
Is your pc clock right?

D

f
Headless chicken

Avoiding studying

Moves
17 Nov 04

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Is your pc clock right?

D
Yep

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
17 Nov 04

Originally posted by fawcr01
Yep
I've got some anomalies with the log out on Firefox. It basically won't let me log out, but if I open IE, then I can log out no problem.

Don't know if our probs are related or not.

D

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
17 Nov 04

I hardly logout, use Firefox (0.9.2 and now 1.0) and never had any problems.
This does not help too much, but...
th

F

Utah

Moves
18 Nov 04

I've got the same problem. Is your firefox set to only accept cookies from the originating source?

Fish

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
18 Nov 04

Originally posted by Fishey
I've got the same problem. Is your firefox set to only accept cookies from the originating source?

Fish
Firefox or for that matter, any Mozilla app will will not load IE cookies or temp files without a prompt. Solution ; Delete all temp IE net files and cookies and then re-boot.

skeeter

f
Headless chicken

Avoiding studying

Moves
18 Nov 04

Originally posted by skeeter
Firefox or for that matter, any Mozilla app will will not load IE cookies or temp files without a prompt. Solution ; Delete all temp IE net files and cookies and then re-boot.

skeeter
Thanks for the tip! My problems seem to be over.... apart from the chess-related problems of course 😉

Richard.