Euros, mailing games, message-log

Euros, mailing games, message-log

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
04 Feb 03

It would be nice if there would be a possibility for paying in Euros! (or don't the British don't like our money?😉 )

Why don't you offer the possibility of mailing selected games?
And I think the pgn-standart (4.3: Line lengths) is something like 79 characters.
A tricky thing for those who like coding 😉 would be on-the-fly-ziping and mailing this file!

In the message-log I can't see who played which color. (Why don't you show a minimum of information on every page according the actual game?)

I like the site really a lot and all the existing features are great and enough - but I think one could make it a little bit better...

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
11 Feb 03

according the games-mails:
why are there always three dots betwen black and white. I don't think this is correct.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
16 Feb 03

...and another thing: castling is O-O or O-O-O (big o's like obvious) and not little. every move (in fen-notation) begins with a big letter. I recived a mail where this is not correct. :'(

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
16 Feb 03

and another thing 🙄 :
*) the result after the last move is missing (or the star)
*) you dan't use all the seven pgn-tags
*) it could be indicated the the game was played at RHP

(why can't I edit my postings here? I have to post a new posting... 😉

RHP Member No.16

Moves
16 Feb 03

Originally posted by thire
[(why can't I edit my postings here? I have to post a new posting... 😉[/b]
I think the edit option is only there for about one hour after you make a post, then it in no longer available.

regards, Marc

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
16 Feb 03

Originally posted by mwmiller
I think the edit option is only there for about one hour after you make a post, then it in no longer available.

regards, Marc
okay, I see, thanks! 🙂
th

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
17 Feb 03

It would be nice if there would be a possibility for paying in Euros! (or don't the British don't like our money?😉 )
How much does it cost (in EUR) for me if I buy a annual membership? Has anyone any experiences with paying in the net in forign currencies? (because I don't...)

The faster you tell me (the good answer) the faster I am a pawnstar! 😀

ps: 14.95 USD * 1.07160 USD/EUR = 13.951 EUR

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
01 Mar 03

on the other correspondence chess site (which is ugly comparing with this one! 😀 ) I play there exists the possibility to get direct acces to the pgn-file of the game I am currently playing. So I can put (with a fopen (...); ) always the actual game (in pgn-notation) on my website. This is a great service!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Mar 03

Spooky avatar 🙂

Thire,

Thanks for all your comments, as always. Next time I'm on a maintenance drive, rather than adding new features, I will fix or add all the things you mention. Remember, on this site, if the people want it, they normally get it...so give me some time and I will get there.

-Russ

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
05 Mar 03
4 edits

Originally posted by Russ
Spooky avatar 🙂

Thire,

Thanks for all your comments, as always. Next time I'm on a maintenance drive, rather than adding new features, I will fix or add all the things you mention. Remember, on this site, if the people want it, they ...[text shortened]... mally get it...so give me some time and I will get there.

-Russ
Dear Russ!

Thanks for your posting! I always like to read especially yours! 🙂

Originally posted by Russ
Spooky avatar 🙂

It was hard work to understand the avatar: It was in none of my dictionaries! But finally I got it! 🙂

Remember, on this site, if the people want it, they normally get it...

Oh! This was a mistake! 😉 I guess you didn't see 80% of my postings! 😛

But... if everything stays as it is, this is and will be the best correspondence chess website I know! 😏

so give me some time and I will get there.

I am soooo curious... 😵

thomas

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
12 Mar 03

How much does it cost (in EUR) for me if I buy a annual membership? Has anyone any experiences with paying in the net in forign currencies? (because I don't...)

The faster you tell me (the good answer) the faster I am a pawnstar! 😀

ps: 14.95 USD * 1.07160 USD/EUR = 13.951 EUR
Just to answer my old own question (I just saw it on my bank account):
it cost me (with 0,65EUR commission exchange) 14,39EUR. I paid with Visa.
Just if the question raises for someone else...
th

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
12 Mar 03

Ok, thanks.

-Russ

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
11 Jan 04

..just to add a very little calculation for all chessfans from good old europe (NOT in the UK 😉 ):
as fees here are billed in USD, RHP is not really getting more expensive:
19.95USD/1.275EURUSD=15.65 EUR
so the price is just a euro and some cents more the in march last year.
(investing in forign countries is fun, ha? 😉)
th