en passant: history bug?

en passant: history bug?

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
02 Mar 03
1 edit

check out http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/viewhistory.php?gameid=171890 where move ten or so in e.p. but the pawn does does not disappear. is it a bug?

and RedHotTed

Red Hot Rebel Clan

Moves
02 Mar 03

Originally posted by thire
check out http://www.redhotpawn.com/core/viewhistory.php?gameid=171890 where move ten or so in e.p. but the pawn does does not disappear. is it a bug?
I've seen that happen in one of my game histories.. the pawn stays on the board. Russ... where's that list of yours ;-)

Rhymester

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Mar 03

This gets mentioned quite a bit now - so I guess it is something I have broken recently. (I don't believe it has always been this way)

Its on the list. 😉

-Russ

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
05 Mar 03
1 edit

Originally posted by Russ
Its on the list. 😉
another thing for the list:

you colour the squares very nice with green: I like this very much! but perhaps there is a little bug: sometimes when I move my King from e4 to e5 both squares are green like an apple (as I should be). but then I change my mind and I click on d5 and then all three squares are green, which is not normal.
This "works" only sometimes, I can't always reproduce it. perhaps there is something with "in check" or so. Or is is because my PC is too old and slow and he makes this mistake. Perhaps others have also observed this?

(another little question @Russ: Do you read all posts here (sometime) or not? - just to be sure 😉 )

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
05 Mar 03

This is the one forum where I try to read all the posts. I will not guarantee that I will read each and every post - but it is rare for me to miss any.

-Russ

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
05 Mar 03

cool: this is the forum where you can find 90% of my postings 😉
cheers
th

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
06 Mar 03

Originally posted by thire
another thing for the list:

you colour the squares very nice with green: I like this very much! but perhaps there is a little bug: sometimes when I move my King from e4 to e5 both squares are green like an apple (as I should be). but then I change my mind and I click on d5 and then all three squares are green, which is not normal.
This "works" only somet ...[text shortened]... e my PC is too old and slow and he makes this mistake. Perhaps others have also observed this?
okay, I think this is nothing "for the list": My computer is sometimes too slow (too many jobs running), that's the reason. And it's not just with the Kings. It was just Bull**** what I wrote before... 😳
sorry!
th 😵

t

Moves
15 Apr 03

Originally posted by Russ
This gets mentioned quite a bit now - so I guess it is something I have broken recently. (I don't believe it has always been this way)

Its on the list. 😉

-Russ
Russ
Can you give us an update on what the bug is ? The problem has poped up in another thread (again), see below

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=4742&page=1

-mike

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
15 Apr 03

Originally posted by trekkie
Russ
Can you give us an update on what the bug is ? The problem has poped up in another thread (again), see below

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?id=4742&page=1

-mike
Thanx, if I had only seen this thread I would have known how to spell en passant!
😉

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
17 Apr 03

Nothing to report so far.

I just want to finish the 'clans' code and then I am into maintenance mode to iron out some silly bugs that have appeared such as this one. I am away for two weeks soon, so it may be a month away before this is fixed.

-Russ