Don't understand

Don't understand "Rec."

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f
Fatz Foxwell

Half Moon Bay

Moves
10 Aug 05

I have been on and off RHP for almost a year but I don't know what "rec." followed by a number means adjacent to our on -line identities... can someone explain?... is this strictly for forums?

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
10 Aug 05

Cor blimey!

S

Moves
10 Aug 05

Originally posted by fatzfoxwell
I have been on and off RHP for almost a year but I don't know what "rec." followed by a number means adjacent to our on -line identities... can someone explain?... is this strictly for forums?
Strictly for forums and apparently the more trite your threads and posts are the more recs u get by subscribers, non-subscribers cant rec as their intelligence disallows it (as well as RHP) 😉

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
10 Aug 05
1 edit

How Rec'less of you 😵

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
11 Aug 05

To answer the question properly:

'Rec' is short for recommendation. Subscribers can click on a forum post to 'recommend' it, that is to express their agreement with it or indicate they think it's a well-written post. It's possible to search the forums for the (reasonably recent) posts with the most recommendations.

Only subscribers can give recs, but anyone can receive one.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
11 Aug 05
2 edits

Originally posted by orfeo
To answer the question [b]properly:

'Rec' is short for recommendation. Subscribers can click on a forum post to 'recommend' it, that is to express their agreement with it or indicate they think it's a well-written post. It's po ...[text shortened]... ns.

Only subscribers can give recs, but anyone can receive one.[/b]
As you do orfeo. Well replied and rec'd.

skeeter

PS Edit: That may well have been read as a bit intenuious but the intention was to indicate to the forum that I rec'd the aforementioned post.
Shit. I simply have to stop sipping Sav Blanc's whilst posting. Neither serves either.

skeeter ( Hic )

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
11 Aug 05
1 edit

Originally posted by skeeter
As you do orfeo. Well replied and rec'd.

skeeter

PS Edit: That may well have been read as a bit intenuious but the intention was to indicate to the forum that I rec'd the aforementioned post.
Shit. I simply have to stop sipping ...[text shortened]... anc's whilst posting. Neither serves either.

skeeter ( Hic )
http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org

Edit: intenuious 😕