creating a second account

creating a second account

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

The Smoke

Moves
12 Jan 10

wondering, if creating a second account for purely 'educational' * purposes constitutes as violation of 3(a) of RHP's ToS?

* I'd like to set up several 'set pieces' games (of some particular games I had won/lost) and re-play them with another person here on RHP but he is a non-sub and already has a max of 6 games going (regular RHP games).

z
Thread Killing Chimp

In your retina!:D

Moves
12 Jan 10

Originally posted by Renars
wondering, if creating a second account for purely 'educational' * purposes constitutes as violation of 3(a) of RHP's ToS?
I do think so because "creating a second account" does not equal

"(a) You will not create more than one account."

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
12 Jan 10

Yes it is against the rules but in my opinion I reckon many, many non subs that want more than 6 games in progress do it ๐Ÿ™

h

Moves
12 Jan 10
1 edit

After your first account gets banned, you create a second one

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
12 Jan 10

Originally posted by heinzkat
After your first account gets banned, you create a second one
That also appears to work successfully

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
12 Jan 10
1 edit

* I'd like to set up several 'set pieces' games (of some particular games I had won/lost) and re-play them with another person here on RHP but he is a non-sub and already has a max of 6 games going (regular RHP games).
I'd like a second account for educational purposes... then I'd teach some people a lesson they wouldn't soon forget!~

๐Ÿ˜ 

P-

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
13 Jan 10

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I'd like a second account for educational purposes... then I'd teach some people a lesson they wouldn't soon forget!~

๐Ÿ˜ 

P-
Not possible, we play chess on this site not tiddly winks ๐Ÿ™‚

A

Moves
13 Jan 10

as long as the first account is never used again. you can make any other one.

R

The Smoke

Moves
17 Jan 10

Originally posted by AudreyxSophie
as long as the first account is never used again. you can make any other one.
thanks all... but that wouldn't "solve" the problem. The idea was to have this account to solely play unrated 'set piece' games therefore abiding all the 'fair play' rules etc.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
17 Jan 10

thanks all... but that wouldn't "solve" the problem. The idea was to have this account to solely play unrated 'set piece' games therefore abiding all the 'fair play' rules etc.
The best way to know for sure is send feedback and ask the administrators. They might say yes. But I doubt it.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateโ„ข

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
18 Jan 10

Interesting idea but I imagine it would create a lot of resentment if specific non-subscribers were allowed access to play more games (even set piece ones) through multiple accounts.