Cheaters

Cheaters

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

q

Moves
28 Dec 03

Does this site worry about players who have multiple games against themselves to inflate their ratings? Maroof is a perfect example

F

Naestved

Moves
28 Dec 03

Well... if you play yourself, you both win and lose a game, dont ya? so it should actually just average you out...

or what? I'm really just asking?!?!

Cheers, Flix

N
Cannabist

's-Gravenhage

Moves
28 Dec 03

Originally posted by Flixotide
Well... if you play yourself, you both win and lose a game, dont ya? so it should actually just average you out...

or what? I'm really just asking?!?!

Cheers, Flix
What he means is. When you have two accounts you can play one account against the other. One account wins all matches, the other loses ... and up goes the rating.

Without certainty of cheating ... Maroofs winning matches look a bit odd, to say the least.

d
Behind 3 Pawns

Kingside

Moves
28 Dec 03

Originally posted by qetutor
Does this site worry about players who have multiple games against themselves to inflate their ratings? Maroof is a perfect example
Yes you are right...Maroof has played 30 games with "homayounfar" ALL OF WHICH end up in foolsmates or early resignations (points going in favour of Maroof). Russ I suggest you take serious action against such people, who are not only just taking up valuable space on the server, but are detrimental to the RHP community!! 😠

M

Moves
28 Dec 03

It's unacceptable. I hope that Russ will take appropriate measures against this type of misconduct. 😠

F

Naestved

Moves
28 Dec 03

Just curios here... but what does a guy get from a fake ranking? and why does it bother you guys?

I mean seriously, you're giving him exactly what he wants, attention! Instead I suggest just ignore the dude... then he wont be getting anything out of wasting his time here...

Any of you guys could beat him any day... so I don't really get the picture..

Cheers guys,

Flix

P

Moves
30 Dec 03

Originally posted by Flixotide
Just curios here... but what does a guy get from a fake ranking? and why does it bother you guys?

I mean seriously, you're giving him exactly what he wants, attention! Instead I suggest just ignore the dude... then he wont be getting anything out of wasting his time here...

Any of you guys could beat him any day... so I don't really get the picture..

Cheers guys,

Flix
Well, there are a couple of reasons for being concerned with such sad individuals.

First, they take up precious bandwitdth; every user slows the site down slightly so we'd rather not have the site slowed down by "Chesterbators"... we'd rather have them go back to cheating while playing against Chessmaster... off-line.

Secondly, if others then play the individuals with inflated ratings then also those player's ratings will get distorted in one direction or the other because their opponent's rating did not accurately reflect his chess skills. In a playing community like this, the rating inflation spreads, causing inaccurate ratings for other players as well.

-Jarno