1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Jul '03 16:16
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    I see nothing wrong with having multiple accounts๐Ÿ™‚
    I would rather see you having a star though๐Ÿ˜‰
    I don't think anyone wants to see me with a second account, one of me is enough!

๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  2. Donationbelgianfreak
    stitching you up
    Moves
    23 Jul '03 14:40
    I was recently playing chess on pogo, and was offered a piece of software that made the moves for you. I didn't know such a thing existed, but it sure explains why so many people play 1 minute games. Anyway, the dialogue went something like this:
    "want a chess program?"
    "what type, on ethat suggests moves or that makes moves for you?"
    "makes moves for you"
    "what's the point of that?"
    "you get points"
    "yes, but what do you gain from doing it?"
    "you become expert"
    "expert of what? expert of letting a machine move for you?"
    "yes"
    "so what do you gain?"

and so on. I couldn't believe that he was willing to put in timeto get a number next to his account, but equally amazing was that he couldn't understand that I didn't want to do the same. He couldn't see the difference between wanting to up my rating by playing well or by not actually playing at all.
  3. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    23 Jul '03 19:19
    People are weird!๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
  4. Donationlegionnaire
    Free Thinker
    New York City
    Moves
    24 Jul '03 01:06
    Originally posted by belgianfreak
    I was recently playing chess on pogo, and was offered a piece of software that made the moves for you. I didn't know such a thing existed, but it sure explains why so many people play 1 minute games. Anyway, the dialogue went something like this:
    "want a chess program?"
    "what type, on ethat suggests moves or that makes moves for you?"
    "makes mo ...[text shortened]... e difference between wanting to up my rating by playing well or by not actually playing at all.
    Hahahahaha! That's really funny. Did the guy realize how stupid he sounded saying that?

I especially likes his rationalization: You become an expert. I never realized becoming a chess expert was so easy!

-mike
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Jul '03 16:14
    Originally posted by legionnaire
    Hahahahaha! That's really funny. Did the guy realize how stupid he sounded saying that?

I especially likes his rationalization: You become an expert. I never realized becoming a chess expert was so easy!

-mike
    I am in no way an expert... nor will likely ever be.

I also play at Yahoo, far less these days. I noticed after playing here for just a few months I went back to Yahoo and am seeing stuff I never used to see... I think I have a streak of almost 10 wins or so???

Now if I had a computer making my moves I would have learned nothing... Some people are amazing when it comes to logic... or a lack there of.

6. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    24 Jul '03 16:19

-mike
    What a moron! Quite silly when you look at it. I can see him coming home from work and logging in to his favorite chess site to see how many games he has won that day, setting up some new games, checking out his rating. He pats himself on the back at a job well done then logs out.

Bah!

The Nut.
  7. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    24 Jul '03 16:21
    I'm proud of my current rating. Highest it's ever been. I'm also proud that all 13,000+ moves are MY moves.

However I'm more proud of the fact that I'm a part of a wonderful community and have made many great friends here at RHP.

Bryan
  8. Joined
    17 Apr '03
    Moves
    01 Aug '03 05:04
    I see nothing wrong with having multiple accounts๐Ÿ™‚
    I would rather see you having a star though๐Ÿ˜‰
    I live in a third world country. A star would be more of a luxury. For now I am content of giving pawnstar players a run for their money. I am quite thankful that I can play chess online for free through RHP. I love chess. If I can afford to have a star I would want to have one. I am working on it though. Once I get a raise why not. Thanks anyway!๐Ÿ™‚
  9. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    01 Aug '03 10:22

-mike
    I once saw a daytime TV chat show (I was sick, OK?) where thay had a 'marrage expert' on. He was 18, unmarried, no children. Titles eh?
  10. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    01 Aug '03 20:22
    Originally posted by Toe
    I once saw a daytime TV chat show (I was sick, OK?) where thay had a 'marrage expert' on. He was 18, unmarried, no children. Titles eh?
    Brilliant! ๐Ÿ™„ I don't think you can be much of an expert at anything,at 18 years of age.Though you're bound to think you are๐Ÿ˜‰
  11. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    01 Aug '03 21:46
    Brilliant! ๐Ÿ™„ I don't think you can be much of an expert at anything,at 18 years of age.Though you're bound to think you are๐Ÿ˜‰
    Read this cool qoute one day, I forgot whose it is (and also exactly how it goes) :
    At 16 I got angry at my old man's naivety, when I turned 21 I was amazed at how much he had learned...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree