1. Joined
    24 Jun '02
    Moves
    03 Jun '03 13:39
    I generally don't like ratting on people but it really pisses me off when you find people cheating on RHP a former opponent of mine ( whom I beat hehe ) is usually called BOGDANV or then a.k.a KELEMENY or Putzeini II and when these folks get together the chess is of such a high standard that the games invariably end in fool's mate. No prizes for guessing who wins. So who is the real fool bogdan??
  2. Amsterdam
    Moves
    03 Jun '03 14:40
    Originally posted by ondier
    I generally don't like ratting on people but it really pisses me off when you find people cheating on RHP a former opponent of mine ( whom I beat hehe ) is usually called BOGDANV or then a.k.a KELEMENY or Putzeini II and when these folks get together the chess is of such a high standard that the games invariably end in fool's mate. No prizes for guessing who wins. So who is the real fool bogdan??
    Then don't play them...are you Dutch?

Olav

p.s. if you are, I agree with you!😛
  3. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    03 Jun '03 15:44
    Nice 'Churchill' profile,Ondier.🙂
  4. Joined
    24 Jun '02
    Moves
    04 Jun '03 07:34
    nope south african, naturally I wont be playing Bogdan anymore I only realised this just before our game ended
  5. Joined
    24 Jun '02
    Moves
    04 Jun '03 07:36
    thanks😵 I have had it for a while though and will have to think of a new one soon
  6. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    04 Jun '03 19:30
    Originally posted by ondier
    thanks😵 I have had it for a while though and will have to think of a new one soon
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Don't change it.It's the best I've seen so far🙄
  7. Amsterdam
    Moves
    05 Jun '03 14:58
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    Nice 'Churchill' profile,Ondier.🙂
    Did Churchill play chess?

Olav
  8. Standard memberSmittyG
    Chess Player
    Texarkana, Texas
    Moves
    06 Jun '03 10:24
    My take on this might be a little simplistic, but here goes. I come here to play chess against people, not against numbers. If your rating is legit, congrats, whatever it is. If not, then I hope getting the phoney number did something for you; I'm not impressed. Win, lose, or draw, as long as the chess was interesting, nothing else matters.

--SmittyG
  9. Joined
    19 Aug '02
    Moves
    06 Jun '03 10:35
    Originally posted by SmittyG
    My take on this might be a little simplistic, but here goes. I come here to play chess against people, not against numbers. If your rating is legit, congrats, whatever it is. If not, then I hope getting the phoney number did something for you; I'm not impressed. Win, lose, or draw, as long as the chess was interesting, nothing else matters.

--SmittyG
    i like your point of view on the matter.

-trekkie
  10. Donationlegionnaire
    Free Thinker
    New York City
    Moves
    08 Jun '03 15:25

--SmittyG
    SmittyG,

I think the concern is not so much tainting the ratings (which is annoying, but doesn't affect anyone,) but more that if someone is willing to cheat to boost their rating, then that same person is likely to cheat and use a program in a legitimate game.

I too come here to play chess against people, not against numbers. However, I also don't come here to play chess against computers, and I'm afraid that's what might happen if I play against someone who is willing to cheat to artificially increase a rating that doesn't even mean anything in the first place.

Personally, I'd like to keep a list of known cheaters on the site. If the perpetrator fesses up, admits that they cheated but promises to never do it again, their name leaves the list (unless they do it again, and it goes back up.) Otherwise their name stays there, and will serve as a warning to other players to avoid challenges from this person, since they will likely be a cheat.

-mike
  11. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    08 Jun '03 15:35
    Originally posted by LivingLegend
    Did Churchill play chess?

Olav
    Yes.
  12. Joined
    24 Jun '02
    Moves
    09 Jun '03 10:17
    hehe finally some interest in my post, you make some valid points there SmittyG and in truth " really pisses me off " was a gross overstatement of the way I feel about the matter, just basically wanted people to know cause as Mike points out ( probably because he is a free thinker 😀 ) people might cheat in other ways too and those folks are clearly candidates. Just for the record if the person in question is using a programme to help him he should update it..😵
  13. Amsterdam
    Moves
    09 Jun '03 16:03

--SmittyG
    I agree with you, shall we play an interesting game?

Olav
  14. Joined
    17 Apr '03
    Moves
    20 Jul '03 07:19
    Is it bad if you have multiple accounts?I have but I don't use its advantages-whatever it may be.😴
  15. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    20 Jul '03 08:31
    Originally posted by revilo
    Is it bad if you have multiple accounts?I have but I don't use its advantages-whatever it may be.😴
    I see nothing wrong with having multiple accounts🙂
    I would rather see you having a star though😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree