1. SubscriberORIF
    BONEDOC69
    USA
    Moves
    01 Apr '23 20:14
    I’m in a winning position with a superior player, and he refuses to move. His vacation time is uncertain, but he’s made one move a couple of weeks ago after a month or two of not playing. What can be done?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Apr '23 04:48
    @orif said
    I’m in a winning position with a superior player, and he refuses to move. His vacation time is uncertain, but he’s made one move a couple of weeks ago after a month or two of not playing. What can be done?
    The time controls on Game 15063961 are set at the longest times available on the site. In about 4 days he'll run out of time, then he has another 28 days timebank available to him. So in 32 days, if he hasn't moved by then, you'll get the opportunity to claim the win on time. He can't get vacation time as a non-subscriber.

The onus is on you to check the time controls applying to every game you create or accept. I've checked his other games and long time controls are a feature of most of them. It's possible that he only makes moves when his time is close to expiring, and he's not giving your game special treatment.

To display a link to a particular game, use "quote" on my post to see the characters required to create the link.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    02 Apr '23 16:57
    @orif said
    I've played against opponents who don't move until the last possible moment,though not this person.
    You just have to be patient.
    I suspect he'll move just in time and accrue another 56 days of time.
    You could pm him,but I doubt it will do much good.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 10:24
    @orif said
    you can just ignore the game, treat it as if it was finished anyway. as a subscriver you can start as many games as you want to.
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    03 Apr '23 15:08
    @ponderable said
    you can just ignore the game, treat it as if it was finished anyway. as a subscriver you can start as many games as you want to.
    This is sound advice.

But in this case, it could also be that the stronger player cannot handle losing to a lower-rated player.

Or, even more of a longshot: The stronger player suspects the weaker player of using an engine and this is just petty revenge.

Of course, we all know that everyone here at RHP respects the game and would never consider cheating. Am I right? 😊

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree