50 move rule

50 move rule

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
19 Feb 06

Originally posted by Jean Hebert
I myself have had the "honor" of playing a B+B vs KN endgame after 78 moves!! It lasted another 64 moves with I finally forcing the loss of his Knight which leads to a routine B+B mate. My opponent resigned after 142 moves. I need not tell you that I have not returned to it to analyze it.
It was granted a 30 move extention by the arbitor who reasoned ...[text shortened]... have gone 80 moves without Pn move or Capture.
Arbitors have final ruling at the game site.
The game is drawn, upon a correct claim by the player having the move, if
1. he writes his move on his scoresheet, and declares to the arbiter his intention to make this move which shall result in the last 50 moves having been made by each player without the movement of any pawn and without any capture, or
2. the last 50 consecutive moves have been made by each player without the movement of any pawn and without any capture.

If a player claims a draw as in Article 9.2 or 9.3, he shall immediately stop both clocks. He is not allowed to withdraw his claim.
1. If the claim is found to be correct the game is immediately drawn.

I can't find any basis for the arbiter to make such a decision. Of course if this game didn't take place under FIDE rules then feel free to ignore me.