1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 12:12
    @very-rusty said
    In the United Kingdom and Australia, the term nonce sometimes spelled "nonse" is a slang word used to refer to a sex offender and/or child sexual abuser.

-VR
    it also means a one off, a word coined for one occasion it also means as I said earlier a stupid and worthless person, that about sums Dive up in my opinion. check it out
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 12:16
    @badradger said
    it also means a one off, a word coined for one occasion it also means as I said earlier a stupid and worthless person, that about sums Dive up in my opinion. check it out
    So, after a few pages of standing behind the common interpretation as described by myself and Very Rusty … you are now backing away from it, is that right?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 12:26
    @divegeester said
    So, after a few pages of standing behind the common interpretation as described by myself and Very Rusty … you are now backing away from it, is that right?
    you are stil a nonce my meaning not yours, I never called you a pedo just stupid & worthless in my opinion, you jumped to your own conclusions ...hmmm I wonder why....guilty concsiece?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 12:29
    @badradger said
    I never called you a pedo
    Have you gone back and deleted the posts?
  5. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 12:30
    @divegeester said
    Don’t back away from what you said “tougher than me” guy.
    The word was especially used in the phrase for the nonce, meaning "for the one purpose," as in Geoffrey Chaucer's "Prologue" of Canterbury Tales: "A cook they hadde with hem for the nones To boille the chiknes with the marybones."

I am sure this is the definition badge was alluding to. 🙄
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 12:34
    @the-gravedigger said
    The word was especially used in the phrase for the nonce, meaning "for the one purpose," as in Geoffrey Chaucer's "Prologue" of Canterbury Tales: "A cook they hadde with hem for the nones To boille the chiknes with the marybones."

not quite but along those lines.like stupid & worthless .
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 12:44
    @badradger said
    not quite but along those lines.like stupid & worthless .
    Oh you…what are you tough guys on the internet like!

Why didn’t you say this several pages ago, right at the start instead of letting us all believe you meant child sex abuser?

Gosh I feel so silly right now, thinking you meant pedophile when you actually meant “stupid and worthless”.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 12:47
    @the-gravedigger said

I’m sure it was, in fact I’m sure that badradger felt quite upset when he realised that I thought he was calling me a pedophile.

He might be “tougher than me”, in fact I’m sure he is because he’s quite intimidating online, but I’m relieved to know that he would never say a thing like that.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 12:49
    Well, that’s that almost sorted out completely. I just need Very Rusty to clear up those questions I asked him on the previous page and we are good to go.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 12:55
    @divegeester said
    Well, that’s that almost sorted out completely. I just need Very Rusty to clear up those questions I asked him on the previous page and we are good to go.
    your still a nonce
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 13:06
    @badradger said
    your still a nonce
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/nonce
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 13:12
    @divegeester said
    www.yourdictionary.com/nonce
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 13:28
    @badradger said
    www.yourdictionary.com/nonce
    Well I guess an online dictionary search engine driven by opinion votes trumps Cambridge.org 🙄
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 13:29
    @divegeester said
    Well I guess an online dictionary search engine driven by opinion votes trumps Cambridge.org 🙄
    I can personally vouch for Cambridge.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 13:30
    @divegeester said
    What does the Urban Dictionary say?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree