Who still survives from the old days?

Who still survives from the old days?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Dec 21

@huckleberryhound said
I might be the only member that was at the chess meets of every country you mentioned. Not that it matters 🙂
Ya and the one I was at you looked like a lobster.🤔😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Dec 21

@huckleberryhound said
I might be the only member that was at the chess meets of every country you mentioned. Not that it matters 🙂
Perhaps not everyone is as rich as you are huck?

-VR

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 Dec 21

@very-rusty said
Perhaps not everyone is as rich as you are huck?

-VR
Not a word I've heard used after my name that often...like Lobster.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Dec 21

@huckleberryhound said
Not a word I've heard used after my name that often...like Lobster.
Did you thumb rides to get to every meet up then? 🙂

-VR

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 Dec 21

@very-rusty said
Did you thumb rides to get to every meet up then? 🙂

-VR
I set two of them up.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Dec 21

@huckleberryhound said
I set two of them up.
Well that is convenient you didn't need to go anywhere! 😉

Nice to have gotten to all of them on a more serious note!

-VR

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 Dec 21

@very-rusty said
Well that is convenient you didn't need to go anywhere! 😉

Nice to have gotten to all of them on a more serious note!

-VR
Not all of them, just to every country that had one. Having the site creator in the country next door didn't hurt.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Dec 21

@huckleberryhound said
Not all of them, just to every country that had one. Having the site creator in the country next door didn't hurt.
Right, so it wouldn't take a lot of money. Did you get along with everyone you met?

-VR

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 Dec 21

@very-rusty said
Right, so it wouldn't take a lot of money. Did you get along with everyone you met?

-VR
I think so. It was 14 years ago, and we were all quite drunk. I also had three players crash at my house. Handyandy was a pure gentleman, for the record...As was Stees.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
06 Dec 21

@huckleberryhound said
I remember that at one time there were pictures posted here from all of the various meet-ups but they weren't combined onto one link. I don't know why the ones from Maine weren't consolidated with the ones from Ireland and England, but that never happened.

Weren't there two meet-ups held in Maine, at Philabit's home? I have seen those pictures as well but they have vanished.

There also used to be something here called "RHP faces", where numerous members posted pictures of themselves. That too has now vanished.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
06 Dec 21

@mwmiller said
I remember that at one time there were pictures posted here from all of the various meet-ups but they weren't combined onto one link. I don't know why the ones from Maine weren't consolidated with the ones from Ireland and England, but that never happened.

Weren't there two meet-ups held in Maine, at Philabit's home? I have seen those pictures as well but they have va ...[text shortened]... alled "RHP faces", where numerous members posted pictures of themselves. That too has now vanished.
Yeah, i was at the second one. We spent the Friday night before playing guitar and drinking copious amounts of alcohol. I talked my wife into adding it to our holiday to New York...2010. I don't have any pictures for you though. Lost them a few PCs ago.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Dec 21

@mwmiller

Yes, I recall the pictures you are talking about.

I was going to save them and by the time I got around to doing it, they were gone. I am talking about the ones at Phlab's BBQ.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Dec 21

@huckleberryhound said
I think so. It was 14 years ago, and we were all quite drunk. I also had three players crash at my house. Handyandy was a pure gentleman, for the record...As was Stees.
Yes Phlabs said the same thing about Handyandy.

-VR

RHP Member No.16

Moves
06 Dec 21

@Very-Rusty
All I have now are the ones from England and Ireland. I didn't manage to save the ones from Maine and the RHP faces one. Too bad.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Dec 21

@mwmiller said
@Very-Rusty
All I have now are the ones from England and Ireland. I didn't manage to save the ones from Maine and the RHP faces one. Too bad.
I don't believe I ever saw any of those.

-VR