1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 19:393 edits
    @mwmiller said
    Charlie Musselwhite. A great performance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ra7_Pt5DTI
    Isn't that Andrew 'Jr. Boy' Jones on guitar? Great performance for sure! Being a guitarist, I have to see who they all are😉
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 20:071 edit
    @sonhouse

Yes, it is. And I think his guitar solo is what helps make this such a great performance.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jan '19 21:053 edits
    @mwmiller said
    @sonhouse

Yes, it is. And I think his guitar solo is what helps make this such a great performance.
    Yes it does.

I just found a nice old timey tune, Red Prairie Dawn:

YouTube

Seems very close to an Irish tune called Eagle's Whistle:

YouTube

Not sure what that violin sounding box is, might be the Nickleharpa used by Vasen, the Norwegian instrumental group.

I found this song played by a buddy of mine in Philly Mick Maloney but not by him in this video, great version, the Mickey Dam.
    I'm as strong as any lion I was reared on eggs and ham, I'm a terror to all fighting men round the Mickey Dam.

YouTube

Also found this great Irish singer, Daoiri Farrell, never heard him before but he really sounds great, also playing bouzouki:

YouTube
  4. Joined
    29 Jan '19
    Moves
    29 Jan '19 19:332 edits
    Julia Michaels - Happy
    http://onevidtube.com/watch/dD4bmsMePJwpXBy
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Jan '19 16:226 edits
    @nikos2323
    Found this great song, 70th birthday of Ralph McTell, accompanied by all people but John Williams on guitar!
    Streets of London, Ralph McTell's most famous song.

YouTube

And another great one, Mary Chapin Carpenter singing her song, Why Shouldn't we, live, Great song, great singer!

YouTube

And another great one, now RIP, Kate Wolf singing Green Eyes, she is missed.

YouTube

The lady in back on guitar is a great guitarist, Nina Gerber.

Here is Kate again with Nina on harmonica and mandolin also! Redtail Hawk

YouTube

Have to do another Kate Wolf, beautiful cover of the Eagles 'Peaceful Easy Feeling' Kate on piano, Nina on harmonica . Kate was only 44 when she died, recording one last song on her hospital bed in 1986.

YouTube
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 21:10
    YouTube

First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

George Michael, a great artist
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 Jan '19 21:25
    @Torunn
    A great Ewan MacColl song. Roberta Flack made it big with that song.

First time I heard it was in 1963, when I was in the USAF in Denver Colorado, there was the Denver Folklore Center, run by Harry Tuft, a really nice guy.

So I am hanging out there one day and there was a beautiful 13 YO girl just sitting on the floor up against the wall, legs spread out before her, just relaxing, and people were playing and singing. After a quiet spell she started singing acapella and that was "first time' and the place grew quite as a mouse as she sang, just an entrancing beautiful voice and the just CAPTURED the place, everyone just in awe.
    I wish I had found out her name, never saw her again even though I did spend quite a bit of time at that wonderful center.
  8. Gothenburg
    Moves
    01 Feb '19 07:18
    @sonhouse said
    @Torunn
    A great Ewan MacColl song. Roberta Flack made it big with that song.

First time I heard it was in 1963, when I was in the USAF in Denver Colorado, there was the Denver Folklore Center, run by Harry Tuft, a really nice guy.

So I am hanging out there one day and there was a beautiful 13 YO girl just sitting on the floor up against the wall, legs spread out befo ...[text shortened]... her name, never saw her again even though I did spend quite a bit of time at that wonderful center.
    Thanks for sharing, a memorable moment for many who where there that day. It's a lovely tune.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 14:06
    @Torunn

I looked up Harry Tuft and he is still alive and kicking so the folklore center still lives.
    Did you listen to any of my posts, Kate Wolf and such?
  10. Gothenburg
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 14:21
    @sonhouse said
    @Torunn

I looked up Harry Tuft and he is still alive and kicking so the folklore center still lives.
    Did you listen to any of my posts, Kate Wolf and such?
    I can open the last two videos and I like her very much.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 15:58
    @Torunn

Are you saying I am wasting my time posting more than two? Are you not seeing all of those I post? If so, I will limit my posts to a couple of videos.
    Did you see the 70th birthday of Ralph McTell? Ever heard of him? Or his great song Streets of London? The amazing thing is the pairing of the great classical guitarist John Williams who I never saw before playing a backup role and non-classical to boot.
  12. Gothenburg
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 16:33
    @sonhouse said
    @Torunn

Are you saying I am wasting my time posting more than two? Are you not seeing all of those I post? If so, I will limit my posts to a couple of videos.
    Did you see the 70th birthday of Ralph McTell? Ever heard of him? Or his great song Streets of London? The amazing thing is the pairing of the great classical guitarist John Williams who I never saw before playing a backup role and non-classical to boot.
    I don't know other than that I can only see the last two videos, and they are very good.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 16:361 edit
    @Torunn
    So when you go to my posts you only see two video's? I put out like 5 or so when I pitch them here. I keep finding great video's and want to share them with everyone because of the genius going on or the virtuosity shown.

Do any other people have that same view, only a couple of vid's showing?

I see all of the ones I post, don't know why that would happen that only two show up.

BTW I found this about Harry Tuft:

https://www.westword.com/music/harry-tuft-godfather-of-denver-folk-is-now-free-to-be-a-folk-musician-himself-8490389
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    02 Feb '19 18:311 edit
    @sonhouse said
    @Torunn
    So when you go to my posts you only see two video's? I put out like 5 or so when I pitch them here. I keep finding great video's and want to share them with everyone because of the genius going on or the virtuosity shown.

Do any other people have that same view, only a couple of vid's showing?

I see all of the ones I post, don't know why that would happen tha ...[text shortened]... word.com/music/harry-tuft-godfather-of-denver-folk-is-now-free-to-be-a-folk-musician-himself-8490389
    I see five videos but can only open the last three.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Feb '19 02:24
    @Torunn
    Ah, I see, I tried to open it and got an error, see if it links ok here:

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree