Too soon for Scotland jokes...?

Too soon for Scotland jokes...?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Sep 14

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
That being said, I don't live there, and am not informed well on the matter. I am disappointed that Scotland is still under UK watch.
Cheers
Why?

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
20 Sep 14

It's outrageous to have the nerve to vote for independence. They should have a violent bloody revolution, the old fashioned way.

Australia

Moves
20 Sep 14

That being said, I don't live there, and am not informed well on the matter. I am disappointed that Scotland is still under UK watch.
Cheers
I'm happy that the Scottish people can do this kind of thing in a civilised way. It's a pity that almost half the country didn't get what they wanted this time, but I don't see them killing each other because of it.

I can't imagine why an American would be "disappointed" that the United States of England/Scotland/Wales/NorthernIreland isn't coming apart right now. Unless you're planning to secede yourself ...

Moves
20 Sep 14

Originally posted by scubily
Why?
Good question. A democratic process was entered into, peaceably by most, and the majority vote took it. Often in elections and indeed general elections the majority of the country do not get what they want, in this case they did. It's an excellent outcome for the democratic process.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
20 Sep 14

Originally posted by Kewpie
It's a pity that almost half the country didn't get what they wanted this time, but I don't see them killing each other because of it.
Don't focus on the negative.
55% did get what they wanted.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
20 Sep 14
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Don't focus on the negative.
55% did get what they wanted.
its never to soon for a Scots joke so were is Robbie Carrobie

p

Moves
20 Sep 14

I was talking to a Scots man today ,he said "Och, well at least all this independence thing has finished now ,what do ye think of the football in Scotland ?"... I said "well ,I think it might catch on one day ".

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
20 Sep 14

Originally posted by Kewpie

I can't imagine why an American would be "disappointed" that the United States of England/Scotland/Wales/NorthernIreland isn't coming apart right now. Unless you're planning to secede yourself ...
It's having the balls to say "Get out and leave us alone" and then enforcing it.
It's an American thing that UK members will never understand.

rtmiller

Mullion, Cornwall

Moves
20 Sep 14

What utter rubbish, maybe some USA states should go for independence!

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
20 Sep 14
1 edit

Originally posted by rtmiller
What utter rubbish, maybe some USA states should go for independence!
What's wrong? 238 years is still too soon?
BTW with a graph like that I can identify rubbish as well.

p

Moves
20 Sep 14

It's having the balls to say "Get out and leave us alone" and then enforcing it.
The American revolution , is that what you are referring to ?.
Bit of a difference back then pilgrim, you had Spain ,France and Holland on your side . You will find Britain, having the biggest empire the world has ever seen did indeed have some "Balls ", something that you Americans will never have or understand .

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
20 Sep 14

Originally posted by phil3000
The American revolution , is that what you are referring to ?.
Bit of a difference back then pilgrim, you had Spain ,France and Holland on your side . You will find Britain, having the biggest empire the world has ever seen did indeed have some "Balls ", something that you Americans will never have or understand .
You'd be typing in German if it were up to your kind.

p

Moves
20 Sep 14

lol, Danke .

p

Moves
20 Sep 14

If it wasn't for "my kind " you would be typing in French.

Moves
20 Sep 14

CP you seem to be confusing the situation of the American war of independence with the Scotish situation of wanting contemporary political independence. It's worth remembering that there are 59 Scotish MPs sitting in Westminster and while they can vote on matters English, the English MPs cannot vote on matters Scotish.