Now, exactly what do you mean by, “high”?🤔🤭
    High as a kite.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Oct '21 06:55
    Things we've seen:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
  3. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    13 Oct '21 07:22
    @suzianne said
    Things we've seen:

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."
    Those dang lizards fighting again.
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    13 Oct '21 08:07
    @suzianne said
    Things we've seen:

My favourite line.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Oct '21 13:23
    @relentless-red said
    My favourite line.
    The late, great Rutger Hauer, may he RIP.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Oct '21 17:00
    @suzianne said
    Things we've seen:

Nice thread addition, and a great line as Relentless Red says.

All the better a line as Rutger ad-libbed it I believe.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    13 Oct '21 18:35
    @divegeester said
    Nice thread addition, and a great line as Relentless Red says.

All the better a line as Rutger ad-libbed it I believe.
    Here, I think you'll enjoy this wiki page about the quote and Rutger's part in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tears_in_rain_monologue

Not an ad-lib, but his re-write of that part of the script. The page has the original line from the script for comparison. Reception of the quote among fans as well as the crew on set has been nothing short of amazing. It served to define the rest of his career.
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Oct '21 19:16
    @Suzianne

It was a terrific film, on my list ten best sci fi ever. Right up there with THX 1138 and Forbidden Planet.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '21 17:22
    @suzianne said
    Here, I think you'll enjoy this wiki page about the quote and Rutger's part in it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tears_in_rain_monologue

Not an ad-lib, but his re-write of that part of the script. The page has the original line from the script for comparison. Reception of the quote among fans as well as the crew on set has been nothing short of amazing. It served to define the rest of his career.
    Thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree