Sticky Thread Game

Sticky Thread Game

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 Jul 19

@wolfe63 said
Stickety Strumpety sat on his wall.
Stickety Strumpety had a great fall.
All the czar's soldiers and all the czar's men.
Couldn't save Strumpety's Stickety again.
If you aren't, already, an unsuccessful poet, I'd stick to my day job and if you are, then change it.

Moves
26 Jul 19

@great-big-stees said
If you aren't, already, an unsuccessful poet, I'd stick to my day job and if you are, then change it.
Hahahaha!
I'll stick to my day job alright. Especially without latex gloves!

As for poetry?
What's that?
I write nursery rhymes for sophisticated preschoolers. 🙂

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
26 Jul 19

@coquette said
Sticky tar? Really sticky I'd imagine.
This was the 10th anniversary post for the STG
8I had the date in the calendar and missed it anyway 🙁

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
26 Jul 19

@ponderable said
This was the 10th anniversary post for the STG
8I had the date in the calendar and missed it anyway 🙁
Well at least you got to stick in here! 😉

-VR

Moves
28 Jul 19

@very-rusty said
Well at least you got to stick in here! 😉

-VR
There are many of us, who have stuck around. Wow 10 years eh? Amazing.

Moves
28 Jul 19

@great-big-stees said
There are many of us, who have stuck around. Wow 10 years eh? Amazing.
I like the sticky aspect of this thread because it enables an opportunity to see if the overuse of an idea can lead to its extinction.
I'm glad to have hopped aboard this sticky-train; even if I am sitting "caboose".

Moves
28 Jul 19

@wolfe63 said
I like the sticky aspect of this thread because it enables an opportunity to see if the overuse of an idea can lead to its extinction.
I'm glad to have hopped aboard this sticky-train; even if I am sitting "caboose".
On the subject of "caboose", I wish they (railroads) had stuck with using them. 😢

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Jul 19

@great-big-stees said
On the subject of "caboose", I wish they (railroads) had stuck with using them. 😢
I thought I would stick my 2 cents in on that one stees, I use to love riding the train, one would always meet interesting people, some would become long time friends.

-VR

Moves
29 Jul 19

@very-rusty said
I thought I would stick my 2 cents in on that one stees, I use to love riding the train, one would always meet interesting people, some would become long time friends.

-VR
We have a friend who bought a caboose, many years ago, and had it stuck/installed, along with the track, in his walkout basement. He did so as an alternative to building his kids a tree house. It was really "neat". When our kids went over for a sleepover, that\s where they played/slept.

b

Moves
30 Jul 19

I'm open to new sticky ideas

Moves
31 Jul 19

@billyray said
I'm open to new sticky ideas
What's the matter with sticking with the old ones?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Aug 19

@great-big-stees said
We have a friend who bought a caboose, many years ago, and had it stuck/installed, along with the track, in his walkout basement. He did so as an alternative to building his kids a tree house. It was really "neat". When our kids went over for a sleepover, that\s where they played/slept.
I've never heard that one before, quite different than the better known tree house. I bet the kids are happy he stuck with the plan! 😉

-VR

Moves
01 Aug 19
1 edit

@very-rusty said
I've never heard that one before, quite different than the better known tree house. I bet the kids are happy he stuck with the plan! 😉

-VR
They were at the time (25 years ago) but they have moved on and the parents sold the home, downsizing, and I believe they said that the new owners stuck, at some horrendous expense, it outside.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
01 Aug 19

@great-big-stees said
They were at the time (25 years ago) but they have moved on and the parents sold the home, downsizing, and I believe they said that the new owners stuck, at some horrendous expense, it outside.
25 Years ago, homes were much cheaper than today they really stick to people!!!

40 years ago were even cheaper, I know a guy that got 5 times the value of his home and it still needed repairs done to it. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see the cheque!!!

-VR

b

Moves
02 Aug 19

@great-big-stees said
What's the matter with sticking with the old ones?
Nothing, the old ideas are fine. Just sayin' I'm open to new ones.