Something cool

Something cool

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
06 Jul 19

Check out the youtube video of Keith Urban inviting fan from audience to play guitar on stage. The guy (Rob Joyce) killed the guitar and some think played the song better than the band would have.

The song is "Good Thing".

I still don't know how to attach videos, so if someone watches it and can post it, that would be cool.

Keith Urban made a kind gesture to this guy and probably changed his life.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
06 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
Check out the youtube video of Keith Urban inviting fan from audience to play guitar on stage. The guy (Rob Joyce) killed the guitar and some think played the song better than the band would have.

I still don't know how to attach videos, so if someone watches it and can post it, that would be cool.

Kind of like Opera getting Dr. Phil started. She was the reason for him becoming such a big success. He was pretty much unheard of by the mainstream until she had him on her show!!!

I don't care for him personally. I find him far too condescending.

-VR

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
07 Jul 19
1 edit

@chaney3 said

Copy the link -

Remove everything as far as the words youtube - /xsu2AUxcH4k

Prefix the remainder with [youtube] - [youtube]/xsu2AUxcH4k

Add [/youtube] to the end - [youtube]/xsu2AUxcH4k**********

You will see it if you do a direct quote of my post with the youtube link.

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Jul 19

@drewnogal
Really nice, what an opportunity!

Moves
07 Jul 19

@chaney3 said

I was about to look at it but soon noticed the name Keith Urban and not being a C+W music fan decided to pass.

c

Moves
07 Jul 19

@great-big-stees said
I was about to look at it but soon noticed the name Keith Urban and not being a C+W music fan decided to pass.
It's about the fan, not Keith Urban.

That said, I'm not really a country music fan, and this was my first time listening to Keith Urban....but I liked the song, and think Urban is a pretty cool guy.

c

Moves
07 Jul 19

@drewnogal said
[youtube]/xsu2AUxcH4k[/youtube]

Copy the link - https://youtu.be/xsu2AUxcH4k

Remove everything as far as the words youtube - /xsu2AUxcH4k

Prefix the remainder with [youtube] - [youtube]/xsu2AUxcH4k

Add [/youtube] to the end - [youtube]/xsu2AUxcH4k**********

You will see it if you do a direct quote of my post with the youtube link.
Thank you.

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
It's about the fan, not Keith Urban.

That said, I'm not really a country music fan, and this was my first time listening to Keith Urban....but I liked the song, and think Urban is a pretty cool guy.
It was about the occasion itself - I'm not a fan of this music but the moment fascinated me.

c

Moves
07 Jul 19

@torunn said
It was about the occasion itself - I'm not a fan of this music but the moment fascinated me.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I've since learned that Urban makes a habit of inviting fans onstage on their birthdays, especially younger fans, during his concerts to give them "moments" as well. It's always a very big deal for them and it shows that Urban is extremely down to earth and enjoys making their day special.

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I've since learned that Urban makes a habit of inviting fans onstage on their birthdays, especially younger fans, during his concerts to give them "moments" as well. It's always a very big deal for them and it shows that Urban is extremely down to earth and enjoys making their day special.
A very generous gesture, I like him for that.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Jul 19

@chaney3 said
I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Not to mention the publicity it gets him is worth its weight in gold!

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Jul 19

@very-rusty said
Not to mention the publicity it gets him is worth its weight in gold!

-VR
So it's a win-win situation then - he gets the money, his guest gets a golden opportunity to be recognized and the audience gets a special moment.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Jul 19

@torunn said
So it's a win-win situation then - he gets the money, his guest gets a golden opportunity to be recognized and the audience gets a special moment.
And people who never knew who he was, get to find out from all the Media attention. 😉 Smart guy!!!

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
07 Jul 19

@very-rusty said
And people who never knew who he was, get to find out from all the Media attention. 😉 Smart guy!!!

-VR
Smart and generous.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Jul 19

@torunn said
Smart and generous.
Lets face it, all the Media attention he gets is well worth his so called being generous!! 😉

-VR