1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:212 edits
    @divegeester said
    I’ve told you before I was pissed out of my head and spent about an hour writing posts in the style of Very Rusty. In the morning I looked at them and realised it wasn’t as funny as seemed to me at the time and I just looked as retarded and boring as you so I deleted them all.

So what.
    Just say you were drunk and stupid, that will look after it! 😉

Don't type and drink! Do you have a glass in your hand now? Just wondering as you generally need a little courage.

-VR
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:22
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    Im interested in why you feel it is morally acceptable to mock someone about their drink problem just because it suits your moronic online persona here?
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:24
    @divegeester said
    Im interested in why you feel it is morally acceptable to mock someone about their drink problem just because it suits your moronic online persona here?
    You should be more interested in working on your game so you can start playing people over 1200.... 🙂 😛

I am not the one has to play under 1000 rating people for a sure win!!! 😉

-VR
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:24
    @very-rusty said

Do you have a glass in your hand now? Just wondering as you generally need a little courage.
    As an ex alcoholic, how do you reconcile your preachy moralising about your struggles with the poison, with your simultaneous mocking of someone about a possible drink problem?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:25
    @very-rusty said
    You should be more interested in working on your game so you can start playing people over 1200.I am not the one has to play under 1000 rating people for a sure win!!!
    I can see why you are keen to change the subject.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:28
    @divegeester said
    I can see why you are keen to change the subject.
    NO, we can continue talking about your admitted Drunken EURO 2020 thread rant as long as you wish! 🙂 😛

-VR
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:29
    @very-rusty said

Don't type and drink! Do you have a glass in your hand now? Just wondering as you generally need a little courage.

-VR
    I was drunk and being stupid. Being stupid is probably the best part of being drunk. You seem to have mastered the art of being stupid all the time without being drunk.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:30
    @very-rusty said
    NO, we can continue talking about your admitted Drunken EURO 2020 thread rant as long as you wish! 🙂 😛

-VR
    It’s what I’m trying to do.

Why do you an moralising preachy ex alcoholic feel it is ok to mock someone else about what you perceive as a drink problem?

Are you going to answer the question, or just call me “gooster” again?
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:31
    @divegeester said
    I was drunk and being stupid. Being stupid is probably the best part of being drunk. You seem to have mastered the art of being stupid all the time without being drunk.
    Yet the chess side of my brain continues to work better than yours does....LOL....Funny Stuff!!!~ 😛 😉

-VR
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:34
    @very-rusty said
    Yet the chess side of my brain continues to work better than yours does....LOL....Funny Stuff!!!~ 😛 😉

-VR
    Are you going to answer the question I’ve put to you about a dozen times?
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:36
    @divegeester said
    It’s what I’m trying to do.

Why do you an moralising preachy ex alcoholic feel it is ok to mock someone else about what you perceive as a drink problem?

Are you going to answer the question, or just call me “gooster” again?
    I have learned that you are never an ex alcoholic just because you stopped drinking - in Sweden we use the expression 'sober alcoholic'. I think it's a good way of looking at it.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:371 edit
    @torunn said
    I have learned that you are never an ex alcoholic just because you stopped drinking - in Sweden we use the expression 'sober alcoholic'. I think it's a good way of looking at it.
    Would you say I come across in my posting as being an alcoholic?

Very Rusty thinks I’m an alcoholic and keeps mocking me about it.
  13. Gothenburg
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:381 edit
    @divegeester said

Absolutely not - I speak in general terms. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit: should I use 'one' or 'we' instead of 'you'? I'm never certain how to use those words.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:442 edits
    @torunn said
    Absolutely not - I speak in general terms. Sorry for the confusion.

Edit: should I use 'one' or 'we' instead of 'you'? I'm never certain how to use those words.
    Oh no don’t worry, I’m not offended, I’m looking for a second opinion.

You see Very Rusty, who is a person I’ve never chatted to for hours on the phone btw, thinks I’m an alcoholic because he saw me posting on here while I was drunk one night during the football Euros.

Anyway he likes to mock me about what he sees as my alcoholism, because he doesn’t like me, but in other threads he enjoys moralising and preaching about how he has overcome the demon drink.

I don’t think this is very morally centred of him, so I’m just gathering opinion about my posting and wether I do indeed mostly post as though I was completely wasted.
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    22 Oct '21 16:451 edit
    @divegeester said

YUP,.. You do come across as an alcoholic as far as I am concerned.

It takes one to know one right.

Torunn is correct, one is always an Alcoholic, but I will be a dry or sober alcoholic for 30 years as of march 22/ 22, weird how numbers work.

I am very proud to be alcohol free for close to 30 years!!!

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree