Small tub of sage

Small tub of sage

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Oct 16

Did our main food shop over the weekend, but while out and about today my wife had us pop into M&S to buy a few items we had missed. (Top of her hit list rice vinegar and salt). Collected a basket, just in case other items presented themselves, however it soon became apparent that we were to conclude our shop with only a small tub of sage in our basket. (Apparently M&S didn't have the 'right kind' of vinegar or salt).

Felt rather ridiculous standing there at checkout with a basket containing only a small tub of sage.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
17 Oct 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Did our main food shop over the weekend, but while out and about today my wife had us pop into M&S to buy a few items we had missed. (Top of her hit list rice vinegar and salt). Collected a basket, just in case other items presented themselves, however it soon became apparent that we were to conclude our shop with only a small tub of sage in our bask ...[text shortened]... rather ridiculous standing there at checkout with a basket containing only a small tub of sage.
You would have felt even more silly if the basket was empty.

Moves
17 Oct 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
You would have felt even more silly if the basket was empty.
Or with no basket at all.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Oct 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Or with no basket at all.
The final rub was getting home and discovering a perfectly viable tub of sage in the cupboard.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
18 Oct 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
The final rub was getting home and discovering a perfectly viable tub of sage in the cupboard.
That happens to me just about everyday. I go to look for something I need right now, but can't find it, then when I don't need it there it is right where I left it the last time I used it. Tools usually. I have a barn full of stuff and I can't find a thing I need.

Sometimes I think I'm going crazy. I think it's my youngest son doing it. He uses my stuff and doesn't put anything back where he got it. I think he hammers my screwdrivers into the ground. I go to get gas for the lawnmower, but the gas can is empty because Reuben used it in his ATV. He made me buy him an iPhone and I got his old Samsung, which is confusing. Burns up most of the data on my plan too. Seems like everyday I get a call from him asking for some new gadget. When he comes of age in five years my retirement savings will be gone. 😉