Risk literacy

Risk literacy

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Aug 18

Originally posted by @js357
The other day I was playing one of these silly RHP forum games and posted something about a Red Carnation hotel in South Africa. It has a funny motto. A day or so later, I opened CNN and there was an add for Red Carnation hotel in South Africa.

Is RHP selling access to ***subscriber*** data?
I looked at a Hawaiian guitarist named Kimo West and next time I went to Amazon lo and behold there were a half dozen Kimo CD's for sale. Freaky if you ask me.
One place I went looking at amateur radio equipment on a totally different site, next time to Amazon, can you give a blind guess as to what was on the ad's there? They seem to have their fingers into the entire internet. We don't need to worry about Ruskies, we need to worry about Amazon.

k

Moves
25 Aug 18

The other day I was playing one of these silly RHP forum games and posted something about a Red Carnation hotel in South Africa. It has a funny motto. A day or so later, I opened CNN and there was an add for Red Carnation hotel in South Africa.

Who isn't is a better question.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Aug 18

Interesting question for Russ...

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
26 Aug 18
2 edits

No data has ever (or will ever) be sold to third parties. This is not Facebook. πŸ™‚

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
26 Aug 18

Originally posted by @russ
No data has ever (or will ever) be sold to third parties. This is not Facebook. πŸ™‚
Thanks Russ

Moves
26 Aug 18

Originally posted by @sonhouse
I looked at a Hawaiian guitarist named Kimo West and next time I went to Amazon lo and behold there were a half dozen Kimo CD's for sale. Freaky if you ask me.
One place I went looking at amateur radio equipment on a totally different site, next time to Amazon, can you give a blind guess as to what was on the ad's there? They seem to have their fingers into the entire internet. We don't need to worry about Ruskies, we need to worry about Amazon.
Well. Slight correction, there: we do need to worry about Putin's bot brigade. And Chinese malware, and the NSA. But we need to worry about Amazon more - and about Google more than that.

Moves
26 Aug 18

May it be that our browsers glean date from our posts? I’m pretty ignorant about this.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
29 Aug 18

Then why do i keep getting ads on RHP for inflatable My Little Ponies and flights to San Francisco??

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
29 Aug 18

May it be that our browsers glean date from our posts? I’m pretty ignorant about this.
It's all in your cookies.