1. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 19:59
    @petewxyz said
    How does it work? Where do you post/send your offering?

Edit: which is in fact all beautifully explained by @Ponderable in the other thread!
    Thanks for directing me to that...I'm a prose competition virgin so had some questions too which have now been answered, only one remains; I assume we are free to title our stories as we wish, in fact this must be easier for identification purposes? Perhaps one of you who is already deflowered could let me know.

I have to say that this is a fine thing that we all do, and that Mr Ponderable is organizing. We spend so much of these forums tearing into each other, but this is nothing but positive and creative. Good luck to all and may the muse be with us!

Phil
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Apr '20 20:171 edit
    @indonesia-phil said
    Thanks for directing me to that...I'm a prose competition virgin so had some questions too which have now been answered, only one remains; I assume we are free to title our stories as we wish, in fact this must be easier for identification purposes? Perhaps one of you who is already deflowered could let me know.

I have to say that this is a fine thing that we all do ...[text shortened]... but this is nothing but positive and creative. Good luck to all and may the muse be with us!

Phil
    You are free old friend to give your story whatever title you like. (The words in the title are not subtracted from the 800-word limit). My entry last year as simply called 'Vincent.'

Happy writing.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 14:06
    @very-rusty said
    I could use the one you posted before or this one, or maybe even the one which pondy called me a 'fool'! 😉 😛......... I could have called him an A$$hole, but that would be stooping to his level.
    pondy will probably get a lot of thumbs up for calling me a 'fool' and puff out his chest a bit....>LOL<.....

-VR
    Even though I don't reply to you directly normally:

* You have been asked to keep this thread for voting. You either did not understand or intentionally disregarded the plea.
    * You did post the same and same and same point even after people told you we understood you the first, the scond ..and the umpteenth time. You either didn't understand or you intentionally tried to provoce people.
    * I did adress not you but HandyAndy, you did not undersnad?
    * That you see yourself meant is either proof that you behaved shamefully inapprprioate the whole time or that you are the fool you claim not to be.

there is no escape...

That could be a constribution to the competition, only it isn't.

I still
  4. Gothenburg
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 14:08
    @ponderable said
    Even though I don't reply to you directly normally:

* You have been asked to keep this thread for voting. You either did not understand or intentionally disregarded the plea.
    * You did post the same and same and same point even after people told you we understood you the first, the scond ..and the umpteenth time. You either didn't understand or you intentionally tried ...[text shortened]... here is no escape...

That could be a constribution to the competition, only it isn't.

I still
    Hear hear
  5. Joined
    15 Apr '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 15:43
    @Ponderable
    I was wondering if you could put the results of the 2nd round at the front of the voting thread along with the guidelines and dates for submission. Plowing through all the stuff that gets put on here can be a pain. Thanks!
  6. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Apr '20 15:50
    Hi mike,

I can't move or delete posts. I could create a thread with the results however

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree