1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '16 22:44
    What kinds of things would you (or do you) like to see on a politician's curriculum vitae?
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    15 Mar '16 23:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    What kinds of things would you (or do you) like to see on a politician's curriculum vitae?
    Their resignation. πŸ˜‰
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Mar '16 23:26
    Originally posted by josephw
    Their resignation. πŸ˜‰
    What jobs or posts would you like to find, from a politician's CV, that he or she had resigned from (and for what reasons)?
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 00:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    By specifying "politician" you are defining a type that many despise. Maybe better "person you'd like to see serving in elected office."

Mine would be an ability to lead in the direction I want the world to go. We can get into that direction if you please. Of course it might sound like something a Miss America candidate would say πŸ™‚ peace, love, understanding, IOW, the real Savior.
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 01:11
    Originally posted by JS357
    Of course it might sound like something a Miss America candidate would say πŸ™‚ peace, love, understanding, IOW, the real Savior.
    Isle of Wight?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 01:14
    By specifying "politician" you are defining a type that many despise. Maybe better "person you'd like to see serving in elected office."
    Someone seeking to serve in an elected office is a politician, and I don't see how the CV of someone who is not seeking office matters in the world of politics/politicians. πŸ™‚
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 01:16
    Mine would be an ability to lead in the direction I want the world to go. We can get into that direction if you please.
    Rather than their promises or policies, I was thinking more in terms of 'items' on their resume ~ by which I mean specific things they have done or experiences they have had.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 02:331 edit
    Originally posted by FMF (OP)
    Leadership, vision, a keen sense of humor and gravitas.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 03:11
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Leadership, vision, a keen sense of humor and gravitas.
    The OP is looking for specific items listed on a curriculum vitae ~ like employment or positions held ~ rather than character traits or qualities.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 03:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    The OP is looking for specific items listed on a curriculum vitae ~ like employment or positions held ~ rather than character traits or qualities.
    You're quite welcome for this executive summary which generally appears
    at the top of any professional's "curriculum vitae". Why whine?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 04:04
    The OP is more interested in curriculum vitae stuff like jobs or travel or other experiences.

I've had stacks of people's CVs pass through my hands and recruited and appointed countless people, and - let me assure you - stuff about having a sense of humour and vision is mere puff that counts for nothing when written by the candidates themselves.

This thread seeks actual achievements and positions held that might make for a resume deemed fit for a worthy politician.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '16 08:51
    You expect to see an applicant's job history in their CV executive summary?
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Mar '16 06:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    Financial sources. All of them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree