One day is very like another...

One day is very like another...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRB

Moves
10 Apr 20

Anybody else didn't notice what day it is?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Apr 20

@petewxyz said
I am an atheist but married to a serious Roman catholic so I know its Good Friday and its fish for tea.

Moves
10 Apr 20

@badradger said
I am an atheist but married to a serious Roman catholic so I know its Good Friday and its fish for tea.
I must "confess", I am not catholic but fall, more into the agnostic zone.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Apr 20
1 edit

@badradger

I am also Roman Catholic, better half Pentecostal we have both always eaten fish on Good Friday. Not a big difference between the two religions really.

-VR

SRB

Moves
10 Apr 20

Nobody religious in our house. No disrespect intended to people who are, just weird to not even notice until I saw something just now!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Apr 20
1 edit

@petewxyz said
Nobody religious in our house. No disrespect intended to people who are, just weird to not even notice until I saw something just now!
It really doesn't matter so long as we are respectful of those who have religion and there are different religions, many guite different than the Roman Catholic, but we have to be respectful of everyones beliefs, even if you don't believe in any religion.

Mind you I haven't been inside a church since my niece was baptized and I was the godfather, and a sisters funeral back in 2013, but I do say my nightly prayers every night.

-VR

Moves
10 Apr 20

@petewxyz said
When I was gainfully employed (years ago) I always considered every Friday...good.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Apr 20

@great-big-stees said
When I was gainfully employed (years ago) I always considered every Friday...good.
Yes of course gbs you were looking forward to the week-end off!!!! 😛

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
10 Apr 20

@very-rusty said
Yes of course gbs you were looking forward to the week-end off!!!! 😛

-VR
It's Långfredag (Long Friday) here, and I just happen to have fish for dinner. It was the longest day of the year because there was nothing to do. There was only one cinema open and they showed Konungarnas konung (King of kings).

Moves
10 Apr 20

@torunn said
It's Långfredag (Long Friday) here, and I just happen to have fish for dinner. It was the longest day of the year because there was nothing to do. There was only one cinema open and they showed Konungarnas konung (King of kings).
I assume you "passed it over" then? 🤔

w

Moves
10 Apr 20
2 edits

@petewxyz said
Does anyone know what time it is?

Does anyone even care?

Now that we have Covid, we are in a perpetual states of indifference and apathy just sitting around waiting for our political leaders to tell us it's safe to breath once again and resume our lives.

And to think, many thought their lives were already pathetic before Covid.

LOL.

Moves
10 Apr 20

@whodey said
Does anyone know what time it is?

Does anyone even care?

Now that we have Covid, we are in a perpetual states of indifference and apathy just sitting around waiting for our political leaders to tell us it's safe to breath once again and resume our lives.

And to think, many thought their lives were already pathetic before Covid.

LOL.
You really are a "Downer Dan"?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
10 Apr 20

we had no meat (neither fish nor otherwise). We eat a kind of cake called "struven"

Gothenburg

Moves
10 Apr 20

@great-big-stees said
I assume you "passed it over" then? 🤔
That was in the old days, when religion mattered here. Now everything is closed for other reasons.

SRB

Moves
10 Apr 20
2 edits

I think it was fish every Friday when I was at school although it wasn't a religious school. Maybe that was religious. Maybe it was cheaper! I had an uncle who worked on the fish docks in Hull. He said they always had to choose the worst fish to sell cheap to schools and hospitals! On the other hand my aunt had a chip shop in Hull which was in a different league!