Obey the Moderator.

Obey the Moderator.

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
09 Apr 07

Originally posted by badmoon
I was a Jesus freak (or Jesus people) around 72-73. Went to airports and bowling alleys with my Bible trying to "save" people. It was ground seriously into our brains that only spiritual music is appropriate. Looks like things have loosened up a bit fro what you're saying.

...little did they know that I'd sneak off and listen to Aqualung and Cat Stevens when they weren't around...heh heh
You poor old sod, you see, it's only Yusef Islam

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
09 Apr 07

Originally posted by badmoon
I was a Jesus freak (or Jesus people) around 72-73. Went to airports and bowling alleys with my Bible trying to "save" people. It was ground seriously into our brains that only spiritual music is appropriate. Looks like things have loosened up a bit fro what you're saying.

...little did they know that I'd sneak off and listen to Aqualung and Cat Stevens when they weren't around...heh heh
Last night on the History channel they had a special about books that the church didn't want people to read and either destroyed them or hid them away. One of them is the 'Gospel of Mary'. It mentions Jesus's brothers and sisters, so it had to go.

Keep in mind that we are born into a society that has been established from past beliefs... each person is then taught to believe whatever the people in control want us to believe - regardless of the truth. The bible is an example of that because only the writings which support the current belief system survived. The bible was written and rewritten by man. God did not write the bible. Yet they would have you believe such a thing.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
09 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Arrakis
Last night on the History channel they had a special about books that the church didn't want people to read and either destroyed them or hid them away. One of them is the 'Gospel of Mary'. It mentions Jesus's brothers and sisters, so it had to go.

Keep in mind that we are born into a society that has been established from past beliefs... each person is th ...[text shortened]... rewritten by man. God did not write the bible. Yet they would have you believe such a thing.
Following in that vein, there is the thought that Mary Magdelin was supposed to be the face of the church, but the church would not hear of a woman leading it and instead Peter was the face they presented. A little of this is touched upon in the DaVinici code where the claim is made that Mary Magdelin is the thirteenth set of hands at the last supper. There is also the thought that Jesus and Mary Magdelin were actually husband and wife. Plenty of stuff for consideration out there.

s

Moves
10 Apr 07

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Following in that vein, there is the thought that Mary Magdelin was supposed to be the face of the church, but the church would not hear of a woman leading it and instead Peter was the face they presented. A little of this is touched upon in the DaVinici code where the claim is made that Mary Magdelin is the thirteenth set of hands at the last supper. T ...[text shortened]... s and Mary Magdelin were actually husband and wife. Plenty of stuff for consideration out there.
Holy crap. If this isn't thread hijacking, I don't know what is. So to paraphrase a few other people - Take it to spirituality, Spanky.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
10 Apr 07

Originally posted by st00p1dfac3
Holy crap. If this isn't thread hijacking, I don't know what is. So to paraphrase a few other people - Take it to spirituality, Spanky.
This is thread hijacking...

Thread 66693

This thread is still somewhat on topic of control vs. 'the man'.

P-

s

Moves
10 Apr 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
This is thread hijacking...

Thread 66693

This thread is still somewhat on topic of control vs. 'the man'.

P-
I know, but it started as some funny nerdcore lyrics, and now people are godding it up in here. Plus I wanted to use the "spanky" line. 😀

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
10 Apr 07
1 edit

While it's true that the subject material has changed from 'Obey the Moderator', that doesn't mean that the flow of new ideas is not important. Probably much more important and informative than most of the posts in the general forum... (thinking of a recent post stating 'I have to go to the toilet'.)

So I welcome intelligent posts (such as by shortcircuit) and maybe we can all benefit from these ideas.

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
10 Apr 07
1 edit

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Following in that vein, there is the thought that Mary Magdelin was supposed to be the face of the church, but the church would not hear of a woman leading it and instead Peter was the face they presented. A little of this is touched upon in the DaVinici code where the claim is made that Mary Magdelin is the thirteenth set of hands at the last supper. T ...[text shortened]... s and Mary Magdelin were actually husband and wife. Plenty of stuff for consideration out there.
I agree with you. In fact, if a person takes the time to research this material they will find that Peter was a woman hater! Yes, and so after Jesus died it was Peter who was mostly responsible for erasing all history of Jesus with Mary Magdelin.

A
Just call me

Gark

Moves
10 Apr 07

"If you need anything, I'll be up kinda late, like 2
That's when things get bad, people start flaming
and everybody's mad

That's when I gotta bust out the ban
just me man - some of these people
just don't understand - you are the liar
one week ban, I know your other screen name man."

- Optimus Rhyme, "Obey the Moderator"
you dumb this is my wrist watch you dumb

yomamayomamayomamayomamayomama

A
D_U_N_E

Arrakis

Moves
10 Apr 07

Originally posted by Anonymousnumber1
you dumb this is my wrist watch you dumb

yomamayomamayomamayomamayomama
I'd like to say 'I appreciate your support', but since you are incapable of posting an intelligible message I guess I can't do that. 😕

A
Just call me

Gark

Moves
10 Apr 07

Hehe, I'm just amped up for the upcomming ATHF movie, that's all. :]

Plus, stupidface was asking for 'it' ('it' being my foolishness). Oh, and suck it dry, phoo'.