1. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 20:03
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    You two have a lot in common. He's a big fan of fake news.
    Alternative facts Andrew 😛
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 20:08
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    You two have a lot in common. He's a big fan of fake news.
    He's not a fan of fake news; he is fake news.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jan '17 21:36
    Originally posted by moonbus
    He's not a fan of fake news; he is fake news.
    Handy? Agreed.😵
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 13:081 edit
    RIP Mary.

You know, I have to say, even though she was a liberal she carried herself with some class. She did not wear vagina hats, did not scream people down who disagreed with her, and did not call Republican Presidents Hitler.

RIP Mary Tyler Moore and RIP liberals with class or a shred of decency..
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 15:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    RIP Mary.

You know, I have to say, even though she was a liberal she carried herself with some class. She did not wear vagina hats, did not scream people down who disagreed with her, and did not call Republican Presidents Hitler.

RIP Mary Tyler Moore and RIP liberals with class or a shred of decency..
    Yes, RIP Mary Tyler Moore.

I think she did a lot for the woman movement back in the 70's. I remember this one show where she was talking about not getting as much money as a co-worker. She was told she was even better than the man doing the same work as her. I don't recall now, if she actually got the raise.

This was the thing back in the 70's women made less for doing the same job a man was doing. Some say it does still exist today, but not to the extent it did back in the 70's!

-VR
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 17:07
    Rip. I thought she would never die.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Jan '17 17:31
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    Yes, RIP Mary Tyler Moore.

I think she did a lot for the woman movement back in the 70's. I remember this one show where she was talking about not getting as much money as a co-worker. She was told she was even better than the man doing the same work as her. I don't recall now, if she actually got the raise.

This was the thing back in the 70's women ...[text shortened]... doing. Some say it does still exist today, but not to the extent it did back in the 70's!

-VR
    She did a lot more than that. On-screen, she raised awareness of the issues confronting single working mothers at a time when this was not on America's radar. She personally and her shows won masses of Emmys. Off-screen, she worked tirelessly against cruelty to animals.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree