1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 15:10
    I just got back from my coffee run -17C. For those of you who want to figure how to convert. Formula (-17°C × 9/5) + 32 = 1.4°F.

Yup even I found that chilly. My gear shift was frozen a bit. I went to shift from Park to Drive and heard it grind. Worked it back and forth a few times, everything was ok. Tried the brakes before leaving as they can freeze up also.

That North west wind was very raw today! I was surprised to see so many out. Out west they are getting temps in the -40's range. Our windshield wash is only made for -40 -45. I hope it stays out west.

-VR
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 15:14
    If you're thinking for sympathy you won't find any, make your own damn coffee and stop ruining the environment with your silly trips in the cold.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 15:201 edit
    @trev33 said
    If you're thinking for sympathy you won't find any, make your own damn coffee and stop ruining the environment with your silly trips in the cold.
    Kid, just ask anyone I never ask or want sympathy. trips in the cold are actually good for you. Here I thought you were smarter than you talk. I guess that is what I get for over estimating someone. Should have known by your picture, now that is shot below the belt line! 🙂 Why make it, when I can have others make it for me and also afford to do so everyday?

Is being in cold weather good for you?

Cold temperatures can be good for your skin's health due to the fact it constrains blood vessels in the skin, which makes the blood vessels less likely to have redness and swelling. When you are doing various activities outside in the cold weather it is actually good for your heart. Dec 13, 2019

-VR
  4. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 15:32
    @Very-Rusty
    Yes, it looks a little frosty up there according to this chill map (I think your area might be cut off because the map focuses on the USA):

http://hp2.wright-weather.com/icons/us_chill.gif

When I lived in Minnesota, sometimes it would be so cold outside that my eyeglass lenses would contract and fall out of the frames.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 15:361 edit
    @kevin-eleven said
    @Very-Rusty
    Yes, it looks a little frosty up there according to this chill map (I think your area might be cut off because the map focuses on the USA):

http://hp2.wright-weather.com/icons/us_chill.gif

When I lived in Minnesota, sometimes it would be so cold outside that my eyeglass lenses would contract and fall out of the frames.
    Yes, I have had friends went to Minnesota to do some skiing if I am not mistaken, as it was decades ago. They found the weather colder there than here. How cold would it get out there?

-VR
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 15:37
    Here we are about 50 F I think.
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 15:40
    @very-rusty said
    Yes, I have had friends went to Minnesota to do some skiing if I am not mistaken, as it was decades ago. They found the weather colder there than here. How cold would it get out there?

-VR
    That was about 40 years ago and I don't remember. Somewhere below freezing, plus wind chill driving it lower.
  8. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 15:421 edit
    @eladar said
    About the same here. 50 F at the moment. Highs in the lower 60s and lows around 40 this week.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 15:43
    @eladar said
    50 f is shorts weather here. 🙂

-VR
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 15:45
    @kevin-eleven said
    That was about 40 years ago and I don't remember. Somewhere below freezing, plus wind chill driving it lower.
    Yes that damned wind chill can really drive the temperature down and really raw I find if it is coming from the Northwest.

-VR
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 16:12
    @very-rusty said
    Yes that damned wind chill can really drive the temperature down and really raw I find if it is coming from the Northwest.

-VR
    In this part of Sweden we haven't been below -10C this winter and only for a couple of days. But it is still many weeks to go so we'll see.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 16:20
    @torunn said
    In this part of Sweden we haven't been below -10C this winter and only for a couple of days. But it is still many weeks to go so we'll see.
    What kind of temperatures do you get in your part of Sweden? We can get into the -30'sC then the wind chill which can drop it even more. -10 doesn't sound too bad, but then you're not putting in the wind chill factor, which could drop it much lower.

-VR
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 16:41
    Anything below 20c is just too damn cold.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 16:533 edits
    @trev33 said
    Anything below 20c is just too damn cold.
    We have 4 seasons so it is not like that year round as many think. Also we don't have igloo's where I live a question I've been asked many times. That would be -20....20 degrees is fine! 😉, man that is almost 70f.....You must be soft!

-VR
  15. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Jan '22 17:101 edit
    @very-rusty said
    What kind of temperatures do you get in your part of Sweden? We can get into the -30'sC then the wind chill which can drop it even more. -10 doesn't sound too bad, but then you're not putting in the wind chill factor, which could drop it much lower.

-VR
    I live on the west coast so it doesn't usually get as cold as in the middle of the country.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree