Lockdown with young children

Lockdown with young children

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
11 Jan 21

@mwmiller said
I remember a special place that burned off a great deal of my built-up energy as a child. It was a very nice place called "OUTDOORS". Just saying..... 🙂
It's amazing when you compare your childhood to that of kids today, I'm not talking about kids in lockdown just in general. I used to practically live outside then you would hear your name being shouted to go in and eat and then head back out again if it was still clear. I see it with my nephews, all but one of them would rather stay inside and look at a screen than go out, it's really sad.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Jan 21

@trev33 said
It's amazing when you compare your childhood to that of kids today, I'm not talking about kids in lockdown just in general. I used to practically live outside then you would hear your name being shouted to go in and eat and then head back out again if it was still clear. I see it with my nephews, all but one of them would rather stay inside and look at a screen than go out, it's really sad.
I spent half my childhood up a tree.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
11 Jan 21

@yo-its-me said
Na, it's good to learn to share.
Any anyway where would that leave us!?
we'd have double everything, there'd be no room for running around 😀
Teach them to take turns, use a kitchen timer if necessary to establish a framework.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
11 Jan 21

@rajk999 said
Thats the nice thing about parents with unruly kids. They have nobody to blame but themselves. lol .. love it. The lockdown in a God-send for teachers and the general public that had to face the results of your failure as a parent. Now you are stuck all alone with them. Deal with it. I hope also you learn something.
Parents do not raise children. It is the parents who grow up by this process. Their kids grow up later.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Jan 21

@moonbus said
Parents do not raise children. It is the parents who grow up by this process. Their kids grow up later.
You know you just might have something there! 😉

-VR

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Jan 21

@moonbus said
It goes without saying that learning and growing up is a lifelong process, for some.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Jan 21

@rajk999 said
It goes without saying that learning and growing up is a lifelong process, for some.
I would say for all of us.

-VR

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
31 Jan 21

Oh, one more thing. Insanity is hereditary.

You get it from your kids.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Jan 21

@moonbus said

Mine came from eating talc.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
31 Jan 21

@moonbus said

LOL@ moonbus......You could possibly be correct on that one!

-VR

d

New York

Moves
31 Jan 21

Surely its not easy to work from home, especially when you have children to deal with. I have been working from home for about three months and with my two kids "One eight year old boy and other 5 year old girl", I am having real issues doing my work with full attention. Not only with my work I was having issues playing my games as well because my kids don't go to bed unless I go to bed as well because they don't have to go to schools in the morning so they can afford to go to bed even after midnight. I am currently playing cyberpunk 2077 and there are many issues with the game but thanks to websites like psychosquad.com I got solutions for most of the problems but I didn't find any solution on any website on how to handle my kids while playing the game or doing my work 🙂

Moves
01 Feb 21

@dominic3 said
Surely its not easy to work from home, especially when you have children to deal with. I have been working from home for about three months and with my two kids "One eight year old boy and other 5 year old girl", I am having real issues doing my work with full attention. Not only with my work I was having issues playing my games as well because my kids don't go to bed unless ...[text shortened]... find any solution on any website on how to handle my kids while playing the game or doing my work 🙂
Ever considered drugging them?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Feb 21

@trev33 said
Ever considered drugging them?
I think parents are developing a new found depth of respect for teachers.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Feb 21

@yo-its-me
I gather you don't have a den or mancave.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
01 Feb 21

@divegeester said
I think parents are developing a new found depth of respect for teachers.
Children do not need school holidays. It's the teachers who need them. To recover.