1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    29 May '20 15:14
    @great-big-stees said
    Up until about 5 years ago I was 5'9" (approx 175cm), in the intervening years I seem to have lost 1/2" ( 1.25cm).

πŸ€” 😠
    I have lost 2 cm - I only know from the medical check-up.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    29 May '20 16:12
    @torunn said
    I have lost 2 cm - I only know from the medical check-up.
    Hey, I found them! They're on my 15-yr old daughter now.
  3. Gothenburg
    Moves
    29 May '20 16:14
    @moonbus said
    Hey, I found them! They're on my 15-yr old daughter now.
    πŸ™‚ Good, she needs them more than I do.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    29 May '20 19:12
    @talem16 said
    I'll start
    Age down here ->
    So have you figured out the average age yet?

-VR
  5. SubscriberTalem16
    Chessaholics!!
    Sunny California
    Moves
    29 May '20 23:04
    @Very-Rusty
    Oh mighty jesus. By the looks of it it seems it might be around 55 to 60 but then we only looking at the players that are constantly in the forums. Seems older players have more time and like to be in discussions more than the youngsters. Myself I was away of the forums for quiet a few years!
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    30 May '20 06:59
    @rookie54 said
    i did an image search for profiteroles as i had never heard of such a thing

i love the ghost of a duke
    Profiteroles were standard fare at corporate dinners in the 80's & 90's.
    Good ones are great.
    Cheap 'n' nasty not so.

Do you have éclairs? I think they are basically the same but served cold.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 May '20 14:26
    @talem16 said
    @Very-Rusty
    By the looks of it it seems it might be around 55 to 60 but then we only looking at the players that are constantly in the forums. Seems older players have more time and like to be in discussions more than the youngsters. Myself I was away of the forums for quiet a few years!
    You could be in the right age range 55-60 as some have taken early retirement as myself and many others on here have done. We do have more time for playing in the forums and more importantly playing in our Clan games. I was surprised we have members in their 30's, they can't have much time to put into it, but could be a great relaxer after work, sometime even during work. πŸ˜‰ Nice to get points of views from the different decades actually.

-VR
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 May '20 20:502 edits
    @The-Pickled-Walrus
    Just well endowed and a good supply of testosterone.....
    I wish I could retire, 11 years over the official date, at least I get two paychecks now that the government doesn't care how much I make.
    My average age would be about 30 then.
  9. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 May '20 01:30
    @sonhouse said
    @The-Pickled-Walrus
    Just well endowed and a good supply of testosterone.....
    I wish I could retire, 11 years over the official date, at least I get two paychecks now that the government doesn't care how much I make.
    My average age would be about 30 then.
    My average age is...37.5...I think.πŸ€”
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 May '20 09:00
    @torunn said
    What is early retirement in Canada? I retired at 60, 15 years ago.
    The UK is now 67, I packed up at 63 to be a full time carer for my wife, but I had been running my company down at 60 ( i was claiming carers allowance £62.10 per week) that stopped upon retirement age I am 67now. and glad I dont have to go out to nwork.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 May '20 11:40
    @great-big-stees said
    My average age is...37.5...I think.πŸ€”
    LOL....You wish, you'll never see 37.5 again my friend! πŸ˜‰ or will I for that matter. πŸ˜‰

-VR
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 May '20 11:42
    @badradger said
    The UK is now 67, I packed up at 63 to be a full time carer for my wife, but I had been running my company down at 60 ( i was claiming carers allowance £62.10 per week) that stopped upon retirement age I am 67now. and glad I dont have to go out to nwork.
    She asked what early retirement was Stupid! πŸ˜›

-VR
  13. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    31 May '20 12:00
    @badradger said
    I was "mostly" retired at 55 but continued to "work" till I was 67 (cuz I didn't know what I would do with my time). I am glad I waited but in hindsight (20/20) I should have just kept "working", cuz, like they say..."I had more free time when I was working." πŸ˜‰
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 May '20 12:062 edits
    @great-big-stees said
    I was "mostly" retired at 55 but continued to "work" till I was 67 (cuz I didn't know what I would do with my time). I am glad I waited but in hindsight (20/20) I should have just kept "working", cuz, like they say..."I had more free time when I was working." πŸ˜‰
    I was semi-retired at 50, completely retired at 57. I haven't actually worked since 2013 physically. I think you are right about having more free time when you're working. I seem much more busy now since I've been fully retired at 57. The 7 years was mostly just observing everything was going well, but did receive a pay check so can't count it as fully retired untill 57. πŸ˜‰ If only it wasn't for the paper trail.....LOL....I am still NOT giving my age away, just now everyone knows I am older than 57. πŸ˜‰ which if they were smart would have figured that out from t.v. shows I've said in public forum I watched.

-VR
  15. Joined
    28 Jul '07
    Moves
    31 May '20 12:54
    @very-rusty said
    I was semi-retired at 50, completely retired at 57. I haven't actually worked since 2013 physically. I think you are right about having more free time when you're working. I seem much more busy now since I've been fully retired at 57. The 7 years was mostly just observing everything was going well, but did receive a pay check so can't count it as fully retired untill 57. ...[text shortened]... y were smart would have figured that out from t.v. shows I've said in public forum I watched.

-VR
    If you retired aged 57 and haven't worked physically for 7 years and if we take your posts into consideration I should guess you were 8 years old. 8 and a half perhaps?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree