Icons📱in thread titles: love💘them or hate ☠️ them?

Icons📱in thread titles: love💘them or hate ☠️ them?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Jan 20

@moonbus
Thousands of years from now the archaeologists of the day will be analysing 21st century hieroglyphics in wonder at how inventive we were..........

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
31 Jan 20

@divegeester said
drewnogal started it.

Edit 🤔
I felt a responsible obligation to provide some guidance to the content for my fellow forum compatriots ~ so as not to disappoint those who just crave a little titivation?

Moves
31 Jan 20

@drewnogal said
I felt a responsible obligation to provide some guidance to the content for my fellow forum compatriots ~ so as not to disappoint those who just crave a little titivation?
Titivation is titillation on steroids. Me likey!
😀

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
31 Jan 20

@wolfe63 said
Titivation is titillation on steroids. Me likey!
😀
Must confess, I’d gone for titillation, spelt it with one L and my iPad corrected it to titivation, thus thought I’d been mispronouncing the word for the whole of my life?

🥴

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
31 Jan 20

@drewnogal said
Must confess, I’d gone for titillation, spelt it with one L and my iPad corrected it to titivation, thus thought I’d been mispronouncing the word for the whole of my life?

🥴
Read the word (titivation) the first time here, though evidently it has been in use for About 200 years 😲
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/titivation

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
31 Jan 20

@ponderable said
Read the word (titivation) the first time here, though evidently it has been in use for About 200 years 😲
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/titivation
On reflection I have heard the word used before though never had myself until today.

I find it interesting how our brains unconsciously, one day decide to add a new word into our conversational vocabulary. It always makes me think - “Wow, I just came out with a new word!” 😯

Moves
31 Jan 20

@drewnogal said
On reflection I have heard the word used before though never had myself until today.

I find it interesting how our brains unconsciously, one day decide to add a new word into our conversational vocabulary. It always makes me think - “Wow, I just came out with a new word!” 😯
People say (my kids mostly) I should titivate my wardrobe. I told them to to...I can't say it here. 🤔 😲

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
31 Jan 20

@great-big-stees said
People say (my kids mostly) I should titivate my wardrobe. I told them to to...I can't say it here. 🤔 😲
You just stick to your Havana shirts Stees, you look fab in them.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 Jan 20

@drewnogal
What do you think Shakespeare did to make up all the words he did? Maybe titivation will take off too😉 It IS a verb I think.

Moves
31 Jan 20

@drewnogal said
You just stick to your Havana shirts Stees, you look fab in them.
Actually Drewnone, they are Hawaiian, which do resemble those worn by Cubans.

w

Moves
31 Jan 20

@divegeester said
You may give your opinion using icons if you wish.
I am an icon so I don't need to use them

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
31 Jan 20

@sonhouse said
@drewnogal
What do you think Shakespeare did to make up all the words he did? Maybe titivation will take off too😉 It IS a verb I think.
I remember doing Shakespeare at school but could not appreciate it. He made up lots if words beginning with UN i’ve read?

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
31 Jan 20

@drewnogal said
I remember doing Shakespeare at school but could not appreciate it. He made up lots if words beginning with UN i’ve read?
Shakespeare
brilliant?
yes
have tried over the years
but never could appreciate or understand him that well
I'll go to my grave leaving him mostly unread

Über-Nerd

Moves
01 Feb 20

@drewnogal said

Mark Twain remarked that anyone who knows how to spell a word only one way lacks imagination.

"Well, I'll be covfefed !"

Gothenburg

Moves
01 Feb 20

@lemondrop said
Shakespeare
brilliant?
yes
have tried over the years
but never could appreciate or understand him that well
I'll go to my grave leaving him mostly unread
“With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.”