HR Boss Don't bring not samosas, pakoras or filled chapatis as they are very smelly

HR Boss Don't bring not samosas, pakoras or filled chapatis as they are very smelly

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
89d

It read: “Please do not bring any food any food into the library space.

“Especially not samosas, pakoras or filled chapatis as they are very smelly.”

Mmm I do love some samosas.

Seems a bit idiotic for a HR boss to put up such a sign.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
89d

@congruent said
It read: “Please do not bring any food any food into the library space.

“Especially not samosas, pakoras or filled chapatis as they are very smelly.”

Mmm I do love some samosas.

Seems a bit idiotic for a HR boss to put up such a sign.
Libraries should only smell of books.

c

Moves
89d

@divegeester said
Libraries should only smell of books.
Why single out Asian food then?

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/other/[WORD TOO LONG]/ar-BB1ir0Gn

Moves
89d

@congruent said
Why single out Asian food then?

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/other/[WORD TOO LONG]/ar-BB1ir0Gn
Because it was probably indian people bringing food into the library that others were complaining about. They can't put up the sign 'Indians stop bringing food into the library', now can they?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
89d

@a-unique-nickname said
Because it was probably indian people bringing food into the library that others were complaining about. They can't put up the sign 'Indians stop bringing food into the library', now can they?
Many years ago I had a colleague (senior) who would eat fish sandwiches in the office.

How I hated those sandwiches.

Moves
89d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Many years ago I had a colleague (senior) who would eat fish sandwiches in the office.

How I hated those sandwiches.
You should have put up a sign, 'no fish smelling food or Indian people to be consumed in the office.'

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
89d

@a-unique-nickname said
You should have put up a sign, 'no fish smelling food or Indian people to be consumed in the office.'
As an aside, I'm making you wait in our game due to being grumpy about my position.

c

Moves
89d

@Ghost-of-a-Duke
HR are meant to promote equality and diversity not act like workplace gangstas. If you were Indian and you saw that sign from HR, what would you say?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
89d

@congruent said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke
HR are meant to promote equality and diversity not act like workplace gangstas. If you were Indian and you saw that sign from HR, what would you say?
I'm not supporting the sign. They should have just said, 'no smelly food to be consumed on the premises.'

c

Moves
89d

@a-unique-nickname said
Would sound like the lunatics have taken over the asylum, mind you at one point in time you could say "X, Y and dogs not welcome in pubs".

Moves
89d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I'm not supporting the sign. They should have just said, 'no smelly food to be consumed on the premises.'
I suspected so, my wizardry getting the better of you 😉 I've said too much, next move will be a blunder no doubt.

Moves
89d

@congruent said
Would sound like the lunatics have taken over the asylum, mind you at one point in time you could say "X, Y and dogs not welcome in pubs".
I'll have you know I'm running the asylum quite nicely.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
89d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
'No food.' Smelly is too subjective.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
89d

@the-gravedigger said
'No food.' Smelly is too subjective.
But that would prevent people enjoying a perfectly acceptable gherkin.

c

Moves
89d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
But that would prevent people enjoying a perfectly acceptable gherkin.
I almost cried when McDonalds announced a new burger made entirely out of pickles and a bun.