How would I go ...

How would I go ...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Nov 12

... about renting my spare room out to overseas travellers?

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
26 Nov 12

Originally posted by karoly aczel
This would be a good first step...

http://bit.ly/WPeCCt

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Nov 12

Originally posted by cadwah
This would be a good first step...

http://bit.ly/WPeCCt
thanks 🙂

Australia

Moves
26 Nov 12
1 edit

European and US sites aren't much use when you look at the local market. Try starting with http://www.backpackinginaustralia.com/renting_a_room_in_australia.php which tells backpackers where to look.
"The best place to look is under the share accommodation in the local newspaper. There are hundreds of share accommodation vacancies in every Saturday’s paper.
Another good way to find a room is to keep a look out on the notice boards at internet cafes and at the hostel. Another avenue to finding a room is by asking your new work mates if they know of anywhere. Often they will know someone looking for a boarder but don’t wish to advertise in the paper."

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Nov 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Kewpie
European and US sites aren't much use when you look at the local market. Try starting with http://www.backpackinginaustralia.com/renting_a_room_in_australia.php which tells backpackers where to look.
"The best place to look is under the share accommodation in the local newspaper. There are hundreds of share accommodation vacancies in every Saturday’s paper. ...[text shortened]... Often they will know someone looking for a boarder but don’t wish to advertise in the paper."
/yeah, but I want to house travellers who will stay a while and then leave. I dont want any locals with all their gear. Backpackers travel light, and I'm sure the spot I have hear would be a nice kickback for someone looking for a bit a stress relief.
You can watch the sun rise over the ocean everday. It's my haven and I wish to share it temporarily with non-locals.

I had trouble with the first site recomended,I'll check the next one....

Australia

Moves
26 Nov 12
1 edit

"Another good way to find a room is to keep a look out on the notice boards at internet cafes and at the hostel."

I'm thinking about the places around Fitzroy Street (Melbourne), there are several backpacker hostels there and at least a couple of internet cafes. There must be a similar cluster in your city. Travel-light, money-saving backpackers are your obvious market, and community noticeboards would be heavily used because they're looking for travel companions as well as cheap accommodation. If you're anywhere near a tertiary institution, they have notice boards and students often have homes elsewhere where they keep all their stuff, just want somewhere to crash on weeknights.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Nov 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
"Another good way to find a room is to keep a look out on the notice boards at internet cafes and at the hostel."

I'm thinking about the places around Fitzroy Street (Melbourne), there are several backpacker hostels there and at least a couple of internet cafes. There must be a similar cluster in your city. Travel-light, money-saving backpackers are your ...[text shortened]... omes elsewhere where they keep all their stuff, just want somewhere to crash on weeknights.
Thank you. I believe you have given me a good idea. While the uni folk in Brissy are more bland than in Melbourne , we are talking travellers/backpackers here.
I dont know if you noticed , but when you travel, you tend to run into other travellers. You seem to exude a certain vibe (and often meet in backpackers cafes of course), but when I was travelling (for many years when I was younger), I always ran into people from all over the world.
Europe was excellent,but it's a bit pricey now, however a European backpacker could afford 50bucks rent a week,I'm assuming.

Moves
29 Nov 12

/yeah, but I want to house travellers who will stay a while and then leave. I dont want any locals with all their gear. Backpackers travel light, and I'm sure the spot I have hear would be a nice kickback for someone looking for a bit a stress relief.
You can watch the sun rise over the ocean everday. It's my haven and I wish to share it temporarily with non-locals.

I had trouble with the first site recomended,I'll check the next one....
do you provide...ahem......extras? 😉

W

DISCO!

Moves
30 Nov 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
How's the bike? (and of course your good lady).

(little things please little minds, but that was comedy gold and three employers later, still gets the laughs).

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Dec 12
2 edits

Originally posted by stellspalfie
Extras? what the hell am I? the Red Cross? I'll rent you a cheap room by the beach. What more do ya want?

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
01 Dec 12

Extras? what the hell am I? the Red Cross? I'll rent you a cheap room by the beach. What more do ya want?
Blowjob?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Dec 12

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
Blowjob?
I can point you to a few places....
I'm over it.
Now I just like to read dirty comments from you. I've evolved 😕

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
09 Dec 12

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090706223920AA5JdPX

🙂