1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 15:22
    Show the world you have more important things to do... by not posting on this thread
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 15:481 edit
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Show the world you have more important things to do... by [b]not posting on this thread[/b]
    Oh brill an existential thread!! Do not all of us yearn for one meaningful moment? One meaningful act? Sigh when all is trivial and futile!
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Jul '16 16:48
    Show the world you have more important things to do... by [b]not posting on this thread[/b]
    But what if posting in this thread is the most important thing I have to do? Which it isn't, but it fills voids.

In a short while my 13 year old son and I will go "four wheeling" on our ATV out on the trails through the state forest for hours and miles.

That's the most important thing I'll do today. Afterwards my wife will meet us by a lake where we will cook out and enjoy all the beauty of nature. Maybe take a hike on the nature trail or go swimming.

Oh! There's a text from my wife now! Life is good.
  4. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Jul '16 12:47
    reverse psychology?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jul '16 22:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Oh brill an existential thread!! Do not all of us yearn for one meaningful moment? One meaningful act? Sigh when all is trivial and futile!
    people who thumb others posts down are not engaging in anything meaningful.
  6. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Jul '16 12:331 edit
    people who thumb others posts down are not engaging in anything meaningful.
    using the Einstein-Jossele principle you could count those 8 as up!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '16 13:162 edits
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Really! I have never heard of this principle. Does it apply to metaphysics or just physics? or both? I suspect that it must. Also I wanted to ask you , is the PH of de-ionised water the same as the PH of distilled water, for I have searched for it and can find no definitive answer.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '16 13:202 edits
    I really should thank those people who swept up leaves on the temple steps for thumbing me down, twas a valiant attempt at a meaningful yet elusive act. 😀
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Jul '16 15:02
    I really should thank those people who swept up leaves on the temple steps for thumbing me down, twas a valiant attempt at a meaningful yet elusive act. 😀
    I gave you a 9th thumbs down while eating a tub of Haagen Dazs.
  10. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Jul '16 15:07
    Really! I have never heard of this principle. Does it apply to metaphysics or just physics? or both? I suspect that it must. Also I wanted to ask you , is the PH of de-ionised water the same as the PH of distilled water, for I have searched for it and can find no definitive answer.
    The principle was devised by Ephraim Kishon an Iraeli Satirist. I could send you the link, but you would have to read German, since I don't know of an English Translation.... (I could provide it, but you would to deal with my Gerglish...

The pH of deionised and destilled water should be comparable (weak acidic, say 5.5 due to the Adsorption of CO2). The adjective describes just the way the Ions have been removed.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '16 15:22
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I gave you a 9th thumbs down while eating a tub of Haagen Dazs.
    What flavour was it?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '16 15:26
    The principle was devised by Ephraim Kishon an Iraeli Satirist. I could send you the link, but you would have to read German, since I don't know of an English Translation.... (I could provide it, but you would to deal with my Gerglish...

The pH of deionised and destilled water should be comparable (weak acidic, say 5.5 due to the Adsorption of CO2). The adjective describes just the way the Ions have been removed.
    Iraeli Satirist, what a cool name, but sadly i don't read German and it is probably too high brow for me even in English! Thankyou for the info on water it most helpful.
  13. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    06 Jul '16 15:33
    This is the guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ephraim_Kishon

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree