Dropped your lap-top?  All may not be lost!

Dropped your lap-top? All may not be lost!

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
13 Aug 13

Originally posted by Velns
How did you know it was the brushes?.
elementary my dear watson, the machine was spinning, but intermittently, therefore it could not have been the electronic console, for a breakdown would have resulted in a complete malfunction, all other processes would have resulted in a complete malfunction, for example, if the belts had snapped, nothing would turn, so understanding that probably some intermittent contact was being made between the brushes and the commutator of the motor, it could only have been the carbon brushes, because all other parts were sound.

Latvian Trickster

Krell lab

Moves
13 Aug 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
elementary my dear watson, the machine was spinning, but intermittently, therefore it could not have been the electronic console, for a breakdown would have resulted in a complete malfunction, all other processes would have resulted in a complete malfunction, for example, if the belts had snapped, nothing would turn, so understanding that probably so ...[text shortened]... or of the motor, it could only have been the carbon brushes, because all other parts were sound.
Outstanding Holmes!

Are you an engineer by trade?

Moves
13 Aug 13

Outstanding Holmes!

I think he can, I think he can.

rc

Moves
13 Aug 13
1 edit

Outstanding Holmes!

nah, nothing quite so glamorous im afraid! although i did enjoy engineering science at school, way more than physics.