Originally posted by HandyAndy
    You rang?
    You are the worst of all bullies.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Aug '13 23:02
    Many who start behaving as a bully young display their disorientation to authority issues in criminal activities later on.
  3. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 02:02
    Are you still into bringing roadkill home to your children?

GRANNY.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 03:11
    Originally posted by Sunburnt
    You are the worst of all bullies.
    Watch it, girlie! You're on my list.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 03:25
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    From the land of the free and the home of the brave ...

I know folks, you're not all like that, but you keep showing us how many of those weirdos you have in your 300 million. Maybe you could restrain your news media!
    There are weirdos in the U.S., just as there are weirdos in Australia.

Keeping it a secret is not the answer.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 04:27
    Wonder if the act of bullying is premeditated or spontaneous. If primarily premeditated, then there would be hope of improved decisions with maturity. If spontaneous and frequent, in otherwise healthy adults, intervention's needed.
  7. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 15:37
    Originally posted by smw6869
    Are you still into bringing roadkill home to your children?

GRANNY.
    No, I find it easier to just buy stuff now. 🙂

I've gotten lazy in my old age.
  8. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 15:38
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Watch it, girlie! You're on my list.
    😲
  9. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 20:24
    Originally posted by Zamboner
    Terry Pratchett had some wise things to say about people who use excessive exclamation points.
    That's crazy man!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 22:16
    Do bullies taunt dogs and kick cats?
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 22:462 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Do bullies taunt dogs and kick cats?
    Possibly, some forms early sociopathic behavior often includes torturing animals. The thrill gets less and less so they have to move on to bigger things.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Aug '13 23:24
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Possibly, some forms early sociopathic behavior often includes torturing animals. The thrill gets less and less so they have to move on to bigger things.
    If so, why is there a prevailing notion that bullies pick on defenseless people smaller and weaker than themselves?
  13. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 05:441 edit
    If so, why is there a prevailing notion that bullies pick on defenseless people smaller and weaker than themselves?
    Because it's true. It has everything to do with their psychological make up. Bullies feel empowered when they lord it over people they perceive weaker than themselves. They could feel even more empowered by taking on someone of equal or greater strength and prevailing, but even the remotest possibility of losing control dampens the thrill for them. I'll never forget the time I saw a big guy back down from a little guy who wasn't intimidated or frightened and who stood his ground. The big guy could have easily overpowered the little guy, but apparently he wasn't going to take a chance on getting his butt kicked. The big guy pointed down to the sidewalk and proclaimed he had a right to be there, because he was standing on public ground... I have no idea what he meant or why he said that, except maybe it was because the little guy had rattled him so badly he just said the first thing that popped into his mind.
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 07:51
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Because it's true. It has everything to do with their psychological make up. Bullies feel empowered when they lord it over people they perceive weaker than themselves. They could feel even more empowered by taking on someone of equal or greater strength and prevailing, but even the remotest possibility of losing control dampens the thrill for them. I'll n ...[text shortened]... little guy had rattled him so badly he just said the first thing that popped into his mind.
    "The big guy pointed down to the sidewalk and proclaimed he had a right to be there... "

Apparently clinging to his last vestige of social assertiveness in order to salvage some 'win' from the encounter.
    An interesting anecdote and thoughtful analysis; you should consider visiting this forum frequently.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Aug '13 17:412 edits
    "The big guy pointed down to the sidewalk and proclaimed he had a right to be there... "

Apparently clinging to his last vestige of social assertiveness in order to salvage some 'win' from the encounter.
    An interesting anecdote and thoughtful analysis; you should consider visiting this forum frequently.
    Yeah, it was surreal to see the bully switch over to defensive mode, as though the little guy was the bully and the big guy was trying to reason with him. By the way thanks for the encouragement... the way it's been going at a couple other forums I may end up coming here more often.

That incident gave me a lot to think about. The little guy wasn't just employing a tactic, he really was fearless and willing to take on the big guy. If it was fake posturing the big guy would see right through it and be encouraged to pound on the little guy. I was fascinated by this sight and also a little embarrassed, because I had just backed down from the gorilla (he was huge) and the little guy was his next target. The little guy could not have prevailed in a physical battle, but I think it was apparent to the gorilla he would need to take a hit or two before pounding little big man into the ground. I think that's all it took to stop him... the big guy didn't want to take a chance on getting smacked by little big man.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree