Breasts 🍼

Breasts 🍼

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
29 Jan 20
2 edits

Can’t quite believe this! Fathers expecting to share their baby’s breast milk?

Women's rights and gender equality
'She can't say no': the Ugandan men demanding to be breastfed

The preliminary research suggested that men often drink before the child is fed, usually once a day, sometimes more frequently, and for about an hour at a time.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/jan/28/[WORD TOO LONG]

Gothenburg

Moves
29 Jan 20

@drewnogal
I can't read about such things - they make me depressed.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
29 Jan 20

@torunn said
@drewnogal
I can't read about such things - they make me depressed.
Maybe a consequence of Idi Amin who served as the President of Uganda from 1971 to 1979, where a generation of children grew up with insecure attachment leaving a generation of grown men needing to regress to being a tiny baby again?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Jan 20

@drewnogal said

The preliminary research suggested that men often drink before the child is fed, usually once a day, sometimes more frequently, and for about an hour at a time.

https://www.theguardian.com/g ...[text shortened]... 9XZWVrZGF5cy0yMDAxMjk%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK
I didn't go to the link, but what would be wrong with making sure the baby is fed first?

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Jan 20

@very-rusty said
I didn't go to the link, but what would be wrong with making sure the baby is fed first?

-VR
What two thumbs down for feeding the baby first? Crazy crowd!

-VR

ENGLAND

Moves
29 Jan 20

@drewnogal said

https://www.theguardian.com/g ...[text shortened]... 9XZWVrZGF5cy0yMDAxMjk%3D&utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&CMP=GTUK_email&utm_campaign=GuardianTodayUK
I’m way too divegeester too look at that!

Moves
29 Jan 20

@very-rusty said
What two thumbs down for feeding the baby first? Crazy crowd!

-VR
I believe you misread the post concerned.

'The preliminary research suggested that men often drink BEFORE the child is fed...'

Moves
29 Jan 20

...and I thought I was disgusting eh?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Jan 20

@old-indian said
...and I thought I was disgusting eh?
That is besides the point and another conversation....

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Jan 20
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I believe you misread the post concerned.

'The preliminary research suggested that men often drink BEFORE the child is fed...'
Well I didn't go to look at the site, but asked what would be wrong with feeding the baby first and it got me two thumbs down. ( Perhaps part of my fan club?) Many women have excess milk too much for the baby.

Would't it work ok the other way to feed the baby first? I think I understood the post correctly.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
29 Jan 20

@very-rusty said
Well I didn't go to look at the site, but asked what would be wrong with feeding the baby first and it got me two thumbs down. ( Perhaps part of my fan club?) Many women have excess milk too much for the baby.

Would't it work ok the other way to feed the baby first? I think I understood the post correctly.

-VR
Maybe I shouldn't respond as I haven't opened the link, but I think you may have missed something.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Jan 20

@torunn said
Maybe I shouldn't respond as I haven't opened the link, but I think you may have missed something.
I didn't either but don't think I did miss anything just feed the baby first is all I am saying. I understand you are just going along with goad on this one. I know for a fact some women do produce a lot of breast milk too much for the baby.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
29 Jan 20

@very-rusty said
I didn't either but don't think I did miss anything just feed the baby first is all I am saying. I understand you are just going along with goad on this one. I know for a fact some women do produce a lot of breast milk too much for the baby.

-VR
Does it seem right to you that grownup men should demand the right to be breastfed?

Moves
29 Jan 20

I feel cheated that this thread isn’t about boobies eh?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Jan 20
1 edit

@torunn said
Does it seem right to you that grownup men should demand the right to be breastfed?
I know nothing about the Ugandan culture and how things work there so I really can't give an opinion on it. Only to say I believe the baby should be fed first. How much do you know about Ugandan culture?

-VR