1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 12:12
    @great-big-stees said
    Like you, though not as harrowing by any stretch of the imagination, the birth of my children. 😍
    Shortly after my first daughter was born, can't remember how many minutes, I was served coffee, sponge cake and a hyacinth in a vase. It was such a wonderful thing , I felt I had returned to life.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 03:37
    @divegeester said
    May 2013 I was flying from Moscow to Novosibirsk in Siberia. It was a particularly clear sky at 37,000 feet and out of my seat window I captured a stunning vista of the moon above the horizon.

Here’s the contentious thing; I could make out the curvature of the earth! I got the photo with the horizon dead centre of the optical axis and when drawing a line from edge to edge the horizon is on fact visible curved on the photo.
    Some beautiful sights while flying that's for sure, remember having a flight from London to Beijing, I always take an aisle seat now, get claustrophobic at the window but went for a walk around and looked out of the window to see a sea of snow covered mountains for as far as you could see, truly breathtaking.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 12:00
    saw the Boss at the newcastle ground (born in the USA tour) Magic
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 12:05
    @badradger said
    saw the Boss at the newcastle ground (born in the USA tour) Magic
    I think one of the best gigs I ever saw was Midnight Oil in 2003 a few shows prior to their hiatus beginning [so that Peter Garrett could get elected to the Australian parliament].
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 15:50
    The best thing I've seen recently is the little group getting some of their own medicine thrown back at them. It has been enjoyable to watch. 😉 They don't seem to receive as well as they dish it out.

-VR
  6. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 15:52
    @very-rusty said
    The best thing I've seen recently is the little group getting some of their own medicine thrown back at them. It has been enjoyable to watch. 😉 They don't seem to receive as well as they dish it out.

-VR
    what little group is that?
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 15:53
    @lemondrop said
    what little group is that?
    That would be the one you pretend to know nothing about lemon! 😛 😉

-VR
  8. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 17:31
    Birds introducing their new Spring fledglings to the snack bar in my garden.
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 18:06
    @drewnogal said
    Birds introducing their new Spring fledglings to the snack bar in my garden.
    Garden birds in general are a special pleasure in life.
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 18:59
    I saw a red breasted robin yesterday! It was just walking around in the front yard. I went to my friend google to look what it may mean. This is what I got.

"Above all, the robin red-breast is a symbol of spring song and good fortune. Additionally, it also symbolizes passion, a new beginning, and re-birth. Therefore, if the bird flies into your life you will be blessed with happiness and joy".

-VR
  11. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 19:391 edit
    The spring is sprung
    The grass is riz
    I wonder where the boidies is
    The boid is on de wing
    But dats obsoid
    De wings is on de boid.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 20:05
    @very-rusty said
    I saw a red breasted robin yesterday! It was just walking around in the front yard. I went to my friend google to look what it may mean. This is what I got.

"Above all, the robin red-breast is a symbol of spring song and good fortune. Additionally, it also symbolizes passion, a new beginning, and re-birth. Therefore, if the bird flies into your life you will be blessed with happiness and joy".

-VR
    The hell with the thumbs down, I am happy and going to have good fortune have happiness and joy which I already have but more will not hurt.

-VR
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 20:39
    @divegeester said
    May 2013 I was flying from Moscow to Novosibirsk in Siberia. It was a particularly clear sky at 37,000 feet and out of my seat window I captured a stunning vista of the moon above the horizon.

Here’s the contentious thing; I could make out the curvature of the earth! I got the photo with the horizon dead centre of the optical axis and when drawing a line from edge to edge the horizon is on fact visible curved on the photo.
    Its a conspiracy. The Earth is flat. Or it just be the normal curvature of a wide angle lens.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 20:58
    @divegeester said
    The amazing colourful and diverse life in tropical coral reefs.
  15. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 22:27
    @very-rusty said

-VR
    The robin was voted the the national bird of the UK some years ago. A wonderful choice though I must confess that I voted for the blackbird. Some females have a beautiful chestnut dapple to their breast and they are a beautiful shape with a strong pointed beak with which they can overturn small stones to find worms and grubs. They are my favourite bird.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jun/10/robin-wins-vote-uk-national-bird-britain

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree