Best & Worst

Best & Worst

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A

RSA

Moves
02 Feb 18

Originally posted by @trev33
The Vatican is busy all year around i think, for sure worth buying tickets online. I wasn't a huge fan of Florence tbh.

I will be going at the end of summer, i love hot though. Should be fine.
I didn't enjoy Florence either. The Vatican - and especially St Peter's - were an unholy display of the spoils the catholic church has stolen from people over the millennia.

Moves
02 Feb 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
One of my favourite cities.
Of course the Acropolis is a must see but try Lykavittos for the view.
Last time we walked up and got the cable car down.
I'd recommend the other way round!!
Wouldn't most get the cable car up and walk down? You know, everyone being lazy and all... or just get it up and down 😉

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
02 Feb 18

Wouldn't most get the cable car up and walk down? You know, everyone being lazy and all... or just get it up and down 😉
Well we set off early morning when it was cool and thought the "stroll" would do us good.
It was steeper and longer than anticipated.
And yes - cable car up and down is sensible!

Moves
06 Mar 18

Worst airline ever - Air Canada.

Moves
06 Mar 18

Once bitten, twice shy. Why do you use them? 🙂

Moves
06 Mar 18

Originally posted by @great-big-stees
Once bitten, twice shy. Why do you use them? 🙂
Bought a return ticket... didn't complain enough to be promoted to business class the first time 😉

Moves
06 Mar 18

Bought a return ticket... didn't complain enough to be promoted to business class the first time 😉
And the return?

Moves
06 Mar 18

And the return?
That's what I'm complaining about now... even worse than the first journey 😉

Well, to be fair just the Lima to Toronto flight, to London was fine.

Moves
06 Mar 18

That's what I'm complaining about now... even worse than the first journey 😉

Well, to be fair just the Lima to Toronto flight, to London was fine.
What was "THE PROBLEM"?

Moves
06 Mar 18
1 edit

What was "THE PROBLEM"?
Terrible food, not enough space for a 8 hour flight and no in flight entertainment. Worst of all... and this is shocking... no free alochool 😲

Edit: Alcohol.

Moves
06 Mar 18

Terrible food, not enough space for a 8 hour flight and no in flight entertainment. Worst of all... and this is shocking... no free alochool 😲

Edit: Alcohol.
Man, they're "tighter" than I am.😲😀

Moves
07 Mar 18

Worst airline I've been on: Sabena.
Worst that still exists: BA.

Best overall: KLM. But that was before they were gifted to the French government, and I don't think I've flown with them since. (Not quite on purpose - I just haven't flown much at all.)
Best for going out of their way to help me out, and being nice in general: BMI. Being sold to the tatty ba*ds at BA must have been an unpleasant shock to them.

Moves
07 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
That’s a shame, I think I know what you mean though. It’s a kind of “we’re here just to serve the tourists” kind of vibe, rather than real Rome people.
I much prefer that. It feels more genuine. Never could stand those fake American smiles, like hyenas.

Of course, it does help if you say 'buon giorno' and 'grazie' instead of 'service!' and 'na endlich'.

Moves
07 Mar 18

Originally posted by @moonbus
I guess E. Germany wasn't an unexpected disappointment; the whole country was a wreck.

And "yes" to Greek Islands; been to Santorini and Crete, too; always good fun.

An unexpected disappointment for me was [b]Stonehenge.
Busloads of tourists were arriving, the police had cordoned off the stones, and we couldn't get within a 100 meters of it. Had t ...[text shortened]... an Stonehenge, and we could walk right up to the stones and even climb on them. Very impressive.[/b]
Yeah, about that... emmets crawling over the stones and damaging them is exactly the reason why you can't get close to Stonehenge any more. Unless you're an arsonist 'wiccan', Belisama help us... So don't effin' do that, you scrote.

Moves
09 Mar 18

Originally posted by @shallow-blue
Worst airline I've been on: Sabena.
Worst that still exists: BA.

Best overall: KLM. But that was before they were gifted to the French government, and I don't think I've flown with them since. (Not quite on purpose - I just haven't flown much at all.)
Best for going out of their way to help me out, and being nice in general: BMI. Being sold to the tatty ba*ds at BA must have been an unpleasant shock to them.
I agree, KLM are fantastic... or at least they were when I flew with them about 5 years ago.